Options

Hiring freeze or blowing smoke?

2»

Comments

• Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    earweed wrote: »
    I do have creditreport.com and their agenvy they use did show up as checking my CR.
    I'm actually linkedin to a VP of recruiting at the actual company that supposedly has the hiring freeze and messaged him to ask about the freeze. Maybe he'll know if there actually is a freeze. The recruiter contacting me saying that they are still waiting to hear if the freeze is being lifted kind of gives me a feeling they may be telling the truth, but I'm still doubtful. The recruiter said the freeze is only on a small portion of IT job classes.

If that showed up as a HARD INQUIRY (those 3rd party credit report checkers usually only show hards, not soft), you may have grounds for something. They're only supposed to show up as a "SOFT" inquiry, meaning they looked, but you don't get dinged on your credit report with having a hard inquiry on your reports.

I would be VERY careful with this company, as background checks are usually supposed to show up as soft.

Having said all of that, I would go to each one of your reports and request one (www.transunion.com, www.experian.com, and www.equifax.com ). If you haven't gotten a free one at all this year, you are entitled to one from each of those three (for the heck of it, get one from www.innovis.com . You can't view that one online, but they're pretty good at mailing one to you. They are the CIWs of the credit reporting bunch....LMAO!)

With your real credit reports, you can see ALL the softs. (Any pulls that these companies did AND maybe some you DIDN'T know about).

Hopefully you'll be ok, but you will want to get on that to be sure.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I didn't get "dinged" but I did check and see that it had been looked at.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.