Options

Should I quit ?

nighttouratdubainighttouratdubai Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All :

I have fisished the Cisco Network Academy semester one at the end of last year . I am thinking of whether I should stay at the acadmey and finish the rest of the semesters or just move on to the preperation on the CCNA exam.

Can i ask anyone who can give me some suggestion , pls?

Comments

• Options
    PaddingtonPaddington Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If it`s payd for you should continue i guess. It can help you solve some of the things that are hard to learn and it will help you stay focused.And you can get the Voucher exam pluss 2 test exams when you are done.
    Paddington.jpg
  • Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hi All :

I have fisished the Cisco Network Academy semester one at the end of last year . I am thinking of whether I should stay at the acadmey and finish the rest of the semesters or just move on to the preperation on the CCNA exam.

Can i ask anyone who can give me some suggestion , pls?

Why would you want to quit after the 1st semester??? I think it would be best for you if you stayed and finished the whole Academy. All 4 semesters. There are a lot of things you can learn to prepeare you for the CCNA. Doing self study will be more difficult. The reason why I say that is because if you run into a topic that you can't understand you will have no Professor or class peer to help you or if you have any questions there will be no one there to help you with an answer. In a classroom you will always have that guidance incase you run into a problem.

I say, stay in the Academy you will be glad you did!!! I myself graduated from the Cisco Academy and ther are some topics that gave me trouble. (Subnetting, VLSM, WAN Technologies).

Be cool, stay in school... lol....

Best of Luck!!!
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Options
    medicmedic Member Posts: 116 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I recommend staying in the Academy. I completed the academy and just passed the CCNA 640-801 yesterday. I felt the Academy really over prepares you for the real test. The Academy tests were much more detailed than the real test. If you do well in the academy, you should have no problem with the real test.

Also, most academies have much better lab setups than most of us (well me, anyway) can aford to set up at home.

Let me sum it by saying this...

You can definatley pass CCNA by studying at home with books and a home lab/simulator but you will get much more exposure to a real network environment in a well equiped academy.