New Cisco press book

Anyone know if they are planning on releasing a official exam guide for the newly structured exam? I want to start studying but I don't want to by a outdated book. Thanks
.ιlι..ιlι.
CISCO
"A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures

Comments

• tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    I'm pretty sure I read somewhere the cisco press books would be released in December...
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It usually takes them a few months to get the new books out, and then they will probably be revised down the line. Why not study QoS or something before the change over.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    I'm currently studying the iiuc ccna voice.. Obviously there are now time constraints which I hadn't anticipated but I wanted to learn this stuff and I already bought some hardware so....

You could always go that route and then do the new CCVP track after? The cisco press book is only 466 pages of actual study material. It looks tiny compared to the other study guides.

I'm sure there are a few people who were planning on the Cvoice route for credit towards CCNAV and CCVP that are a little choked but I think the new path makes more sense.
  • azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    According to the Cisco Press site the new book is due as online "rough-cuts" from December, and the full paper/pdf version is scheduled for April 2011.
  • hermeszdatahermeszdata Member Posts: 225
    I have the current CCNA:Voice Books. Really only using them as background material to prepare for CVOICE (before Feb. 28,2011)

I had to back away from my CCNA studies due to an auto accident 11 months ago and am just now able to resume studies. I need to get the CCNA Composite out of the way and bust butt to take CVOICE to avoid having to take two voice exams in route to CCNP Voice.

John
    John
    Current Progress:
    Studying:
    CCNA Security - 60%, CCNA Wireless - 80%, ROUTE - 10% (Way behind due to major Wireless Project)
    Exams Passed:
    CCNA - 640-802 - 17 Jan 2011 -- CVOICE v6 - 642-436 - 28 Feb 2011
    2011 Goals
    CCNP/CCNP:Voice