Options

Passed Today!

medicmedic Member Posts: 116 ■■■□□□□□□□
I took the CCNA 640-801 exam today and passed with a score of 986.

Planning and Designing: 100%
Implementing and Operations: 100%
Troubleshooting: 93%
Technology: 100%

The test seemed easier than the online Academy tests; I guess they want to over prepare you.

I had two simulations, both routers. First one was configure e0 and s0 with the first available host address of subnet X and Y given a network address and subnet mask. The second was RIP troubleshooting.

Also had two drag and drop questions. All the rest were multiple choice single/multiple answers. I had no fill in the blank questions.

I took the test at Northampton Community College in Bethlehem, PA. Computer worked fine, no delay on the simulations.

I finished with about 25 minutes left. (55 questions).

I wasn't really sure I was ready for it. I kept thinking, "let me just study one more week". I finally decided to just get it over with. I guess I was ready after all!

My resources used to prepare:

AAS degree in Computer Info Tech - Networking
Completed Cisco Networking Academy (Obtained 50% off voucher)
Sybex CCNA Study Guide 4th Edition (Great Review)
Exam Cram 2 CCNA Practice Questions
Cisco CCNA Network Simulator (Boson) (Very helpful)
This website (Forums, Tech Notes, Practice Tests)
www.free-tests.com
Cisco Technology Support (File this under "If you want to know more")

Comments

• Options
    Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    Nice job man! Very nice scores. I always say, it's better to be over prepare than walk out of the exam center peaved! Congrats! Now, go celebrate!
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • Options
    Man, that free-tests.com websites sucks! They don't have 70-215 or 210. Unless I'm blind icon_cool.gif
    WIP Vacation ;-)

• Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    medic wrote:

I had two simulations, both routers. First one was configure e0 and s0 with the first available host address of subnet X and Y given a network address and subnet mask. The second was RIP troubleshooting.

LOL, boy did you luck out with those
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • Options
    sbenjaminsbenjamin Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took mine today also and passed. I had a RIP sim and a switch VTP sim. Had two match questions and the rest were multiple choice. I didnt do near as well, I got an 876. I have only worked on Nortel gear and did the self study Cisco Press books and any test simulators I could get my hands on.
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i got the same sims on my test also..LOL
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    I didnt do near as well, I got an 876. I have only worked on Nortel gear and did the self study Cisco Press books and any test simulators I could get my hands on.

Come on man, it sounds like your getting down on yourself over a non-perfect score. A pass is a pass. I wish certification tests didn't tell you your score, just that you passed. That's all that really matters. I would like it to also tell you the ones you got wrong and the answers to that question. But...... if I had it my way, I'd be able to work from home :D
    WIP Vacation ;-)

• Options
    Yeah I know what you mean, there are some questions on there they I would love to know the answers to!
  • Options
    cdad2000cdad2000 Member Posts: 323
    Excellent score, good job
  • Options
    fuseboxfusebox Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats to you both.

When people say they had 55 questions, does that include the two sims??
    Im a newbie.... please be easy on me.
  • Options
    medic wrote:

LOL, boy did you luck out with those

Yes. Yes I did!
  • Options
    fusebox wrote:
    Congrats to you both.

Yes, that includes the sims. They get a question number just like all the other questions and can show up anywhere in the test. My first sim was question #3. The second one was somewhere in the middle. I was glad to get them out of the way and could relax for the rest of the test.
  • Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
    Congrats to both of you!! Also thank you for the review of your tests!
  • Options
    fuseboxfusebox Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    medic wrote:
    fusebox wrote:
    Congrats to you both.

Yes, that includes the sims. They get a question number just like all the other questions and can show up anywhere in the test. My first sim was question #3. The second one was somewhere in the middle. I was glad to get them out of the way and could relax for the rest of the test.

aaah... Thanks for that info. I always assumed they would come at the end of the multichoice!
    Im a newbie.... please be easy on me.
  • Options
    Mine were towards the end, question 40 something and #52. I wish mine came earlier.