Options

I passed- Meet your Security + Professional

tdk55tdk55 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone, well it took a lot of studying, but I passed with a 873.
I used comptia All in one, cbt nuggets, and the best tool, was darrel's book. The test is straight forward, but you do have to know your stuff. With good study notes, you should be good. Now I need some help with Network + before the 31 of Dec.

Comments

• Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    congrats
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    K_RichK_Rich Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, you already have a good portion of the knowledge for the Net+ from the Sec+.
  • Options
    K_Rich wrote: »
    Congrats, you already have a good portion of the knowledge for the Net+ from the Sec+.

Thanks to everyone. @ K_Rich, that's what I'm seeing. What did you study for your Net+?
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    earweed wrote: »
    Congrats!

Thanks,earweed, talking abiut noob,(Proj+, A+, Net+, Sec+: MCTS:Vista, 2K8 AD, NI: WIP - MCTSicon_sad.gif70-643), Yeh right,HAHA.
    Now I just need to blow this Net+ out then it's own after that.
  • Options
    K_RichK_Rich Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used the Sybex book for Net +. It was fairly extensive and detailed, but also very dry at times. I was fortunate to have previous experience in the networking field that allowed for more skimming of the book than actual in depth reading.

The book does have the needed info for a successful pass of the Net+.
    Regardless of the material used, be sure to read the test questions through. This test was oddly worded on many of the questions and tries to trip you up. The test itself is not to tough it is just tricky in my opinion.
  • Options
    simtechsimtech Member Posts: 213
  • Options
    chuckleschuckles Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Check out the Lammle book for Network. It worked for me.