Options

IIS upgrade

earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
I was reading in the Server 2008 R2 book about how to do an inplace up grade from IIS 6.0 to IIS 7.5. It's a fairly simple process that mainly involves upgrading the OS to Server 2008 R2. The website and all it's services are stopped by default and you must then start the website and the services you want.
I have not seen these same type of instructions for upgrading from IIS 6 to IIS 7 and was wondering if a similar upgrade was supported.
No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.

Comments

• Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    Thanks Za3bour. It's pretty much the same according to the article.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    earweed wrote: »
    Thanks Za3bour. It's pretty much the same according to the article.

Yea I can imagine this, I haven't found a lot of difference between 7.0 and 7.5 but to be honest I'm not an IIS expert at all.
  • Options
    I'm reading the Unleashed book and I like it a lot better than the Mastering book.
    There have been a few changes since the book was published. Sharepoint is now Sharepoint Foundations 2010 but not really a lot of changes in it. Except that it's 64 bit only.
    In the media services section the book covers the window encoder and that's been retired and now you use expression encoder 4 which is way more powerful than the old encoder but they mainly changed because the old encoder didn't work with R2 or Windows 7.