Options

Cost effective service desk systems?

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    forkvoidforkvoid Member Posts: 317
    I did a lot of research into this a few months ago. I settled on Kayako.
    The beginning of knowledge is understanding how little you actually know.
  • Options
    forkvoid wrote: »
    I did a lot of research into this a few months ago. I settled on Kayako.

Does it interface with the CMDB fairly easily or did it come with its own configuration database?
  • Options
    N2IT wrote: »
    Does it interface with the CMDB fairly easily or did it come with its own configuration database?

You know, I should have looked at who it was I was replying to. It does a lot of things well... aligning with ITIL is not one of them.

It has no CMDB of it's own, nor does it integrate with anything. It has no interface for escalating to problem from incident, no change management functionality.

I went with it because of it's ability to handle multiple client companies and the price-point.
  • Options
    forkvoid wrote: »
    You know, I should have looked at who it was I was replying to. It does a lot of things well... aligning with ITIL is not one of them.

It has no CMDB of it's own, nor does it integrate with anything. It has no interface for escalating to problem from incident, no change management functionality.

I went with it because of it's ability to handle multiple client companies and the price-point.

:)

Hey it's all good! Thanks for the suggestion I appreciate it!
  • Options
    Most the ITIL-aligned service desks I found were very expensive or did not meet my special requirement(ability to handle multiple external clients, not just internal clients). I think the outsourced IT management market is overlooked in this. Then again, in my experience thus far, ITIL does not fit all that well into the SMB market.
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    I've found Richmond Systems suited our needs. Geared up to both ITIL and FITS, and the price wasn't too bad either. We use it to support internal as well as external clients.

-Ken
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I haven't used it in a while, but OTRS has an ITSM add-on for their product that covered a number of ITIL processes.

OTRS::Open Source Trouble Ticket System - Service Support System::Welcome!
  • Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    It depends what you mean by cost effective!

Seriosoft is a good tool that I evaluated for a smaller organisation quite a while back.

Servicenow(www.service-now.com) is a SaaS solution so it's cheaper than buying outright.

Depends if you want just Service Desk or full on service management too.

Claire