Just a few questions!

GoranCroGoranCro Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello! I'm new here. I'll be 16 on Feb-14 and right now I am taking an A+ class at my highschool. We're using this huge 1000+ page book by marcraft. We finished all the Hardware chapters and were almost done with the OS parts. My teacher has vouchers so we can take the test for free and he said he will even give us a second one if we fail by only a little. but I would just like to know how long is long enough to prepare for this test? Everyday I use marcraft's cd and do a practice test which is 70 questions. The questions on that are considerably harder the ones I have tried on ****.com and other places. On the **** site I do easily 80-95+% but when I do the cd test I am in the range of high 50's and around 60's. My teacher said he will be giving out vouchers pretty soon and I am nervous.

my troubles are cable type connections and like "What type of cable is most likely in use with RJ-45 connectors to attach computers to the network?"

Also I have trouble with printers mostly lasers... When I get questions like why is test comming out only half way (its cut off) or stuff and I see chpices like ribbon cable, toner stuff, etc I get really confused!

I donno those are just some examples! I am answering a packet of 300+ questions my teacher made up for me and using that at home to practice when I am bored. I also do some online (like here and ****) and at school the CD and the tests we have.

So how can I memorize these tricky answers? icon_sad.gif

Also we do labs at school based ont he marcraft lab book. So I have first hand experience and my teache rknows what he's doing being cetified in 5 areas and working witht he school network etc. Am I doing enough?

EDIT: Is there a reason amazon is replacing the word fre-e-comp-tia?

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Honestly, your best bet is to study, and then study some more. And in your spare time, study. I used flashcards to help memorize certain lists and such. I know it's tedious, but if A+ bores you that much, wait til you get to the Big ones. Also, start saving your money now, and build a home lab. Everythig makes more sense when you see it as opposed to reading it.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    You don't want to memorize answers.. that just makes you a trained parakeet.

It would be cool if you could take the hardware exam before loading up on OS stuff. Just like Ricka said, just keep studying. For stuff like DMA and IRQs you might find it easier to write it down over and over again. When you get to the exam center you will get a dry erase pen and laminated paper. Before you click on a single thing, scribble all of your memorized stuff onto the paper and refer to it when you need to. It's perfectly legal.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • GoranCroGoranCro Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I know most of my IRQ chart. Not so much my DMA chart tho but I usually get those right by what I know!

Ricka182 what do you mean by build a home lab? I have 2 computers atm. Networked together. I built em both from the ground up from the training I got in A+. Neither gave me any trouble! This main one is a S939 A64 3000+, x800xt, 200gb seagate, Abit AV8, and etc. Did lots of research! Do you guys think I should read nonstop from the marcraft book or buy a book? I have the marcraft book on a cd and all the labs are on it too and stuff! They let you copy it for personal use so my teacher burned everyone a copy