I'm about to ruin my beautiful lab

I'm tearing down my beautiful lab so I can lab out scenarios for my finally ICND2 push. I hope my test center has an opening next week woo hoo.

I'm hitting 90's on my practice tests.

I have taken about 1050 excel lines worth of notes lol.

Well time to wipe everything but my frame switch lol

Comments

• ZeroHunterZeroHunter Member Posts: 148
    I'm tearing down my beautiful lab so I can lab out scenarios for my finally ICND2 push. I hope my test center has an opening next week woo hoo.

I'm hitting 90's on my practice tests.

I have taken about 1050 excel lines worth of notes lol.

Well time to wipe everything but my frame switch lol

Dont do it man! Dont wipe out the LAB.

Good luck on the test.
    Z3r0

Skool: Herzing Univ for CCNA
    c0op3r.com
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    That's what it's there for! No such things as a fixed lab topology :)

Do yourself a favor and back up all of your configs before you wipe them. I can't tell you how many times that I've been stuck on something that I haven't done in a while and it's always nice to have working examples on hand.

Good Luck!
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    pitviper wrote: »
    That's what it's there for! No such things as a fixed lab topology :)

Do yourself a favor and back up all of your configs before you wipe them. I can't tell you how many times that I've been stuck on something that I haven't done in a while and it's always nice to have working examples on hand.

Good Luck!

Oh god yes. I remember when I was learning CME I would forget doing stuff like creating the CNF files and sit there for hours trying to figure out why stuff wouldn't register. icon_lol.gif

Anyway, back up your labs and save the topology. I always do that for whatever I make.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    If you don't already then get a lab notebook to write down the topology and any useful hints. As the others have said, the whole point of a lab is to be reconfigured for whatever task you're trying to do at the time so don't worry about it. When it gets to spaghetti levels of wiring then its time to rip it all out and rewire from scratch.
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    You could always use something like Kiwi Cat Tools to backup your configs and it would be good practice to set something like that up anyway. Then you can apply those configs if you need to go back. Kiwi is free for 20 devices.

Kiwi Enterprises - Kiwi CatTools Overview
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    QHalo wrote: »
    You could always use something like Kiwi Cat Tools to backup your configs and it would be good practice to set something like that up anyway. Then you can apply those configs if you need to go back. Kiwi is free for 20 devices.

Kiwi Enterprises - Kiwi CatTools Overview

CatTools rocks - I use the free version in the lab, and have an enterprise license at work to help manage the voice configs. For some reason I think that after the acquisition by Solarwinds they switched to a timed eval rather than unlimited for 20 devices. I remember rolling back to the older version when I re-did the lab server.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • PhildoBagginsPhildoBaggins Member Posts: 276
    tiersten wrote: »
    If you don't already then get a lab notebook to write down the topology and any useful hints. As the others have said, the whole point of a lab is to be reconfigured for whatever task you're trying to do at the time so don't worry about it. When it gets to spaghetti levels of wiring then its time to rip it all out and rewire from scratch.

Lol I have all these labbed vizio'd out...I just found such a sweet setup and I destroyed it. Buts its all in the name of ICND2