Options

Question on CCNA exam/sims

fuseboxfusebox Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
A question about the CCNA test.

I was just going through my demo Certsim that came with the Sybex book, and in the sims, I cant seem to play around with the commands. ie: I can only issue commands that they seem to want to be issued! For example, I wasnt able to type ? at the end of a command to see options. Also the command they wanted me to issue was show running-config, but I wanted to type in show ip int brief and show ip interface serial 0 etc It didnt allow me to do that

Now is this how the real exam will be?? Ive got a bad feeling about this icon_sad.gif
Im a newbie.... please be easy on me.

Comments

• Options
    sbenjaminsbenjamin Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    On the real exam you will be able to access some of the help. They will not give you everything. I used the ? to help me remember how to setup VTP on a switch during my exam. The simulators you get with these books are just a small sample of the commands you have available during the test.
  • Options
    sbenjamin wrote:
    On the real exam you will be able to access some of the help. They will not give you everything. I used the ? to help me remember how to setup VTP on a switch during my exam. The simulators you get with these books are just a small sample of the commands you have available during the test.

Im very glad to hear that..... Thanks.
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i will say this one time its best to get your hands on real equipment and know these commands back to front ( the commands you will possibly encounter) if not get a real decent simulator that will let u play with it more
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    Fortunately I do have equipment, but thing is there are a few commands that can be used to find out the same thing and in this case I found the demo test sim only allowed one certain command to be entered.

eg: I wanted to view the ip addresses of the interfaces by typing in, "show ip int brief"
    But the sim wanted me to use "show running-config"

So I was just curious as to how flexible the test sims are in terms of commands allowed etc.
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    the actual test sims offers alot of commands to verify things.
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    keenon wrote:
    the actual test sims offers alot of commands to verify things.

Thats exactly what I was hoping for :) Thanks.