Best Tech exam

AReidAReid Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is the wrong forum! I found this website while trying to research which tech exam would be best for my company. I am a corporate recruiter and we currently use the prove it tests.

Since you guys actually TAKE the tests I was wondering if you could tell me which tests you felt most accurately showed your skills? We use mostly C#, ASP.net, and SQL server.

Thank you for any input!

-Adam Reid

Comments

• PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    AReid wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is the wrong forum! I found this website while trying to research which tech exam would be best for my company. I am a corporate recruiter and we currently use the prove it tests.

Since you guys actually TAKE the tests I was wondering if you could tell me which tests you felt most accurately showed your skills? We use mostly C#, ASP.net, and SQL server.

Thank you for any input!

-Adam Reid

Hi,

Your question is very generic but yet simple for any of us to answer.

Take certifications that are relevant to your day to day technology/vendor equipment that you use. This helps show complete proficiency in your chosen job role.

Pash
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    For what you are doing the Prove it tests are probably pretty good judge of what the applicant knows.
    Here at TE the main focus is more on Certifications which you can also look at for your applicants. Most applicants who have certifications in the areas you are looking at should be able to do at least OK on one of those prove it tests.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • AReidAReid Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry, I guess I was kind of vague. I wanted people's thoughts or impressions of tests like:

ExpertRating - Online C# Test

Prove It! Skills Testing Website

If you have ever taken them or a similar test when interviewing. We are a software engineering company that uses the tests to check our applicants skills in C#, ASP.net, and SQL server after they pass through first interviews.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I have looked at a couple BrainBench exams and thought they were petty good. At least they measured up to what I expected from myself.

It's really hard to say with what you guys are doing with them as kind of an employment screening. I mean some IT guys get nervous enough about an interview with realy people! Imagine a pop quiz. I've never taken one of these types of exams, but would like to see more companies doing something like it.

Edit: I would love to give you a better evaluation but since these cost... Well, aint gonna' happen. Do they offer you any sort of evaluation service? I wouldn't mind taking a few (SQL and C#) and giving you my thoughts.
  • AReidAReid Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for all of the posts so far!