Options

70-643 Here I go again

earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
Hopefully the third time is a charm
The first try I choked at seeing a 65 question test with everything saying R2. The second try was my fault as I didn't put in extar study on everything I had done badly on the first try (which was everything).
This time is different as I did the labsim and I will attest that the Labsim for the 643 is a great resource even though it doesn't have the R2 content yet. The videos and fact sheets directly answered questions which were on the test almost to the point of me thinking of Labsim as coming close to being a ****. Having seen a lot of the same questions twice I had a better idea of what I didn't know. I only received the Labsim about 3 or 4 days prior to my second attempt and only got halfway through it. My test score reflected that as I did good on the areas I had completed the Labsim and lower on the other areas. 690 was my score the second attempt so I was close.
I have an appointment not far from the test site about 2 hours before the test time so I'm gonna use the 1-1/2 hours to go over my notes and the "**** sheet" I have made up of stuff I need to remember.
Test time is 12:30 so wish me luck.
No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.

Comments

• Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Man I'm 100% sure you will pass this time and I'm glad that you see were you did wrong in the first two attempts. This will really help you for your next exams.

I do see a positive thing about it is that now you do know the R2 stuff much better especially that you're reading not one but two books about it.

So after this one is it 70-647 ?
  • Options
    Yeah the 647 is next. I have some other WGU stuff (a paper I need to complete and turn in during the nest week) to do also. I'm actually resource over heavy for this test as I will have Labsim, Trainsignal (that makes 2 CBTs), 3x 70-647 specific books (MS Press, Sybex, and Darril Gibsons book), Mastering R2, and R2 unleashed. I'm shooting for completing the 647 by the end of December.
    I have extra time now that I no longer have my second part time job so I have more time to study. Any labbing for the 647 will be mostly review so that should make it easier. I also have the measure up with the 647 MS Press book and Transcender to gage my knowledge level.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    gatewaygateway Member Posts: 232
    Good luck buddy - third time lucky. I'm sure you'll nail it.
    Blogging my AWS studies here! http://www.itstudynotes.uk/aws-csa
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you don't pass this time.. you will be banned from TE. No pressure though.

I kid, good luck man. I'm sure you've got it this time!
  • Options
    Im Banned then. F'd it up again. Scored lower than the last time. Only my good and bad areas are reversed.
    Breakdown
    deploying servers 66 where last time I maxed that area
    RDS 50 where last time I had around an 80 in that area.
    IIS and Network applications got around 85% in both those areas.
  • Options
    marcelsmarcels Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I tried to get a MCSE way back in 2002. I was battling with the ‘beast’ exam, 70-216. Failed it 3 times in a row, at my own cost! In the end I gave up.

I did pass 3 Win2k exams beforehand and figured that they would do. I just didn't have any more time, money or head space to continue sitting exams. I look back and regret that I didn’t get the MCSE.

It’s taken me ages to get back into sitting exams and I feel those failures hanging over me, but the more I speak with people the more I hear the same story, most people fail a few of the exams, some like you and me fail one over and over.

Now I'm looking forward to beating the exams and earning the MCITP:EA. I’m not going to give up this time.
  • Options
    Spent the last 2 days reviewing and labbing RDS. I had 4 distinct AH HA moments when a question from the test popped into my head, those would have been enough for me to have passed. Man, I just didn't review the stuff I had done well on the other time.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If something can be done using Group Policy (especially Terminal Services), lab up how you would do it. Ensure you know all about certificates and IIS.

How much did you score this time, only out of curiosity.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    661, I scored 690 last time.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Damn man, that'd sting. Wring its neck the next time you face it. Hit all areas, not just your weak ones. You dont want your knowledge on those strong areas to get rusty.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    That's where I messed upast time. My weak areas went up and my strong areas went down. Not Gonna happen again. Relabbing nearly everything and doing some extra internet searches for a few questions that I know the book didn't cover too.
  • Options
    gatewaygateway Member Posts: 232
    Unlucky! Sounds like you are in the right frame of mind to beat it though. All the best for the retake.
    Blogging my AWS studies here! http://www.itstudynotes.uk/aws-csa
  • Options
    neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    "Hopefully the third time is a charm"

I passed my 646 on the 4th attempt so keep plugging man.

Only Microsoft will know how they score these questions - I also found that weak areas can turn into strong areas and vice versa.

Just try to cover all angles including your strong areas.

On each fail I made a list of all weak points and reviewed them - I got quite a list in the end and nailed it eventually.

Best of luck :)
  • Options
    My next time will be number 4 and will be the final because it will be successful. I spent too much time last go round concentrating on my weak areas and didn't do hardly any review of my strong areas..big mistake. Not gonna repeat that mistake again. I'm even doing flashcards this time on all areas. I spent a few hours making them from my notes. It'll give me something to do during my downtimes at work.