and so I begin...

Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
After finishing A+ yesterday, I am starting Network+ today.. I will be using the Sybex kit, and Skillports, I have an instructor, but he lectures off the slides, which doesn't help me out that much. It's good for others in the class, but I am much better at reading the book, and then asking him for clarification from time to time.
Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark

Comments

• ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    Good luck on your studies, I just recently picked up Amazon.com: CompTIA Network+ Study Guide: Exam N10-004 (9780470427477): Todd Lammle: Books: Reviews, Prices & more

It is offered as a class at my college too, but I felt like 16 weeks for this would be overkill (I already know most of the exam objectives pretty well, just need to bridge the gaps in knowledge).

The best advice I ever got about taking any class, looooong time ago way back in high school: You should always strive to master the course material at a minimum of the level of your instructor. That doesn't mean you'll reach this level of knowledge, just that you should shoot for it.

Hats off to you for studying independently! Sometimes it feels to me like we just hand the school our money, then several semesters later they give us a piece of paper saying we graduated. What are we actually learning?
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    that's the same book I got, except I got the 3 pack
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark