Options

Virgin Media what a scam!!!!

Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
Hi

I have 10mb BB and was curious as how much an upgrade would be to 20mb BB, so I called them up and they told me my services would go from £44.74 to £60.49 so its an extra £15.75,

I knew something wasn't right with that price so I asked how much is the price of 10mb on its own and how much is price of 20mb on its own, they said £25 and £37, are you seeing what I am seeing?

Even though am taking out a bigger internet service they are reducing my overall package discount so I end up paying more for something that costs less on its own

What a load of Bull****

Comments

• Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Lee H wrote: »
    Hi

I have 10mb BB and was curious as how much an upgrade would be to 20mb BB, so I called them up and they told me my services would go from £44.74 to £60.49 so its an extra £15.75,

I knew something wasn't right with that price so I asked how much is the price of 10mb on its own and how much is price of 20mb on its own, they said £25 and £37, are you seeing what I am seeing?

Even though am taking out a bigger internet service they are reducing my overall package discount so I end up paying more for something that costs less on its own

What a load of Bull****

I'm with Virgin (ex-NTL) and have had a couple of conversations with them with my package. The only thing I can suggest is to be ready to leave Virgin and let them know, this is to see what deals are available to those that are existing customers (I believe it's under their customer retension program). I was willing to leave Virgin and go with Sky, but after speaking to them an agreement with struck (I got a reduced price and they got another 18 months guaranteed sign up from me, I'm currently on month 12).

-Ken
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Threaten to leave and say you are going for Sky BB

That'll change their tune.
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Am pretty sure I can wangle a better deal than that but more disapointing that my time is wasted with yet another phone call plus am I not a valued customer for the past 8 years?

Just shows their pricing structure is flawed
  • Options
    Mojo_666Mojo_666 Member Posts: 438
    You can get good deals from the retention team but you actually have to want to leave and be willing to do so, they can sense blaggers.
  • Options
    Lee H wrote: »
    Am pretty sure I can wangle a better deal than that but more disapointing that my time is wasted with yet another phone call plus am I not a valued customer for the past 8 years?

Just shows their pricing structure is flawed

To be fair, it's like that for alot of companies. For example, I have to do the same thing for my car insurance every year even though I've never been in an accident (that was my fault, a car and a lorry did crash into me though).

-Ken
  • Options
    Mojo_666 wrote: »
    You can get good deals from the retention team but you actually have to want to leave and be willing to do so, they can sense blaggers.

True...

-ken