Options

TS/RDS Session Broker question

earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
I think I've fiiled in a few holes in my knowledge of Terminal services in the last few days. I've got one thing that has me puzzled. Iread somewhere that the Session broker role service doesn't have to be installed on a terminal server????
QUESTION: I may just be totally clueless here but how do you install a role service without installing the role?
No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.

Comments

• Options
    alokin123alokin123 Member Posts: 268
    earweed wrote: »
    I think I've fiiled in a few holes in my knowledge of Terminal services in the last few days. I've got one thing that has me puzzled. Iread somewhere that the Session broker role service doesn't have to be installed on a terminal server????
    QUESTION: I may just be totally clueless here but how do you install a role service without installing the role?

The same way you install any other role service. The roles on Windows 2008 are broken down into role services. TS/RDS is broken down to the specific role services.
    Maybe this will help :Q. What are the server roles in Windows Server 2008?
  • Options
    Stupid question I just went back and labbed it. Just don't check the terminal server role. Not enough sleep.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    If any moderators read this could you delete this thread...lol