Options

I pity the person that starts working for this company.

JBrownJBrown Member Posts: 308
Find Jobs - Database Admin/Desktop Support Jobs in New York, New York

I can understand when a Sysadmin or Network Admin does helpdesk work but not a professional DBA.

Comments

• Options
    tribe_menxtribe_menx Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sounds like my old job
    B.Science Information Systems
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    With the economy the way it is that job will get filled. The pay isn't that great for NY though. Throwing in the helpdesk duties is kind of odd though.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    JBrownJBrown Member Posts: 308
    Yes it will get filled, but at what price ? It will definitely reflect on that DBA's performance, he will have to drop his/hers work somewhere in the middle and start explaining to CEO's secretary why she can not click install on every piece of malware she sees, or install limewire and bittorent at work PC.
    We have a DBA here, doing her PHD in Cryptographic, she thinks and dreams in binary, and yet, even she can not keep up with stupid stuff people ask he to do. And everybody wants her to do something for them, be that a virus problem or writing a memo or as simple as checking their orthography. They all know that its not her job but yet keep piling it up on top of her, and she has no choice to stay late at night to finish her own work.