Options

Surprised by the 70-647

EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
Well by the score actually. Only got a 545. Exam wasnt too hard, in fact the score sheet wasnt too low either. About 75% on two sections and about 50% on the others. Should have just failed but anyhow, a fail's a fail. So the trial run is over and now the real test beckons.

What I took away from the exam:

1. It's all R2. Not that it's made the exam any harder. I dont think I had more than a couple or three questions whose answers would have been different if it were just plain Server 2008.
2. As the others have indicated, it's what would you do rather than how you would do it. So it doesn't ask you for you know stuff such as, what's the command that forces a KMS client to register. It's more like what kind of GPO would you use and at what level (domain/site etc)
3. The exam is not hard. You have to bring it all together, all that you learned from the 640-642-643 comes to fore.
4. I got more than a few questions from RODC's and Group Policy. Rest of the exam was evenly spread out.
5. I only got 90 minutes to do the 42 questions. Usually MS gives you 2.5 hours, I only barely finished the exam and had no time to review any questions.

What I need to do:

1. Lab it up more. Since I have had a sneak preview at the test, I now know what kind of lab to build and what scenarios to come up with.
2. Brush up the 640-642 stuff, the 640 stuff tripped me, the DFS/FRS/WSRM bits did me in.
3. Lab it up even more. And upgrade my processor so I can install R2.

Havent booked in the next attempt yet, I am in process of jotting down any details from the exam to help in the next attempt.
NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sorry to hear that. MS has been only giving 90 minutes lately. I didn't have time to review stuff on my 643 on my last attempt either. I had 2 minutes left when I got to the end. I think they're trying to prevent people from going back over the questions and memorizing them or something.
    The bad thing is that people are going to have a harder time completing the tests and there's gonna be more of an incentive to braindump.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    90 minutes a test, really? Unless I missed it, I dont think I saw this info anywhere. This one seems to have come right out of the blue. I know this is just a whinge, I wasnt adequately prepared. Next time I am going to throw everything at it, the kitchen sink included.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yea the time is 90 minutes for most exams unless you have case studies (like I did in 70-646) the time will be 2.5 hours (if I remember well).

I'm really sorry to hear that, 70-647 is a complex test and really requires that you know the material well and as you mentioned 640,642, 643 material is essential.

Thanks a lot for your notes, I've been labbing only with R2 lately so that would not be a problem with me I do have some hard time labbing for this exam though.

For how long have you been studying for it ? and good luck for your next try (hopefully you have second shot ?)