Options

Mastering the 70-640

Jimmy22Jimmy22 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys

I am studying for the 70-640 and wondering if any of you guys had any word of wisdom to push me along.

I am reading the MS-Press Book, every day and doing the practie exams. It just seems i have not got very far but seem to made a dent in the book on page: 121 at the moment but dont seem to have got past much in the way of active directory apart from make users ect.

Regards

James

Comments

• Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I recommend that you get another book if you can

Amazon.com: MCTS Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Configuration Study Guide: Exam 70-640 (9780470261675): William Panek, James Chellis: Books

One other tip is to lab a lot using Windows 2008 R2 I know the books doesn't mention it but now all exams does.
  • Options
    Thanks Za3bour, whats the difference between the mspress books and the sysbex books

Yep my windows 2008 labs are all R2, by the way this is my first ms-exam so be gentle with me lol.

Cheers J
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The Sybex books do a good job of supplementing the MS Press books. I can't stress the need for labbing everything here. If possible also lab the extra lab exercises at the end of the chapter in the MS Press books. Those helped me.
    It's eally important that you learn the material and not just pass the test. When you get up to taking either the 70-646 or 70-647 thay really test you on all your previous info in the earlier tests.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Jimmy22 wrote: »
    Thanks Za3bour, whats the difference between the mspress books and the sysbex books

Yep my windows 2008 labs are all R2, by the way this is my first ms-exam so be gentle with me lol.

Cheers J

:D didn't know that lol well you didn't pick up an easy one but if you familiar with AD and you work daily with it then you will not have problems at all.

The difference is that they do complete each other since each book covers what's missing in the other. I like Sybex book they are IMO better resources for the exams while MS tend to be very technical Sybex books explains things better.

I always use more than one book to study for MS exams, by this you guarantee that you pretty much covered every thing.

Make sure you understand Group Policy and Certificates pretty well and please feel free to ask for help and we here at TE will be glad to help.
  • Options
    earweed wrote: »
    It's eally important that you learn the material and not just pass the test. When you get up to taking either the 70-646 or 70-647 thay really test you on all your previous info in the earlier tests.

That is so true,
  • Options
    Thanks guys all help very much appreciated.