Options

What do you do if...

MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
I'm curious what you all answer to this classic situational interview question:

"What do you do if 2 customers are breathing down your neck for their large projects to be done and you won't be able to finish either in the time provided?".

and

"What do you do if the CEO is asking for something to be done immediately but you have a project due to a customer at the end of the day?".

My answer is always to get my manager involved to help determine priority no matter who is involved. A CEO's request can be just as important as a CSR request.
My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!

Comments

• Options
    ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    Have you read How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie? It's an old book, but still very relevant. I think it would help you answer these questions, and perhaps more even than you bargained for.
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Mishra wrote: »
    My answer is always to get my manager involved to help determine priority no matter who is involved. A CEO's request can be just as important as a CSR request.

That would be my answer. My manager sets my individual priorities not the CEO and especially not a customer. If the CEO contacts me directly for some odd reason I'd direct them to my manager.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That would be my answer. My manager sets my individual priorities not the CEO and especially not a customer. If the CEO contacts me directly for some odd reason I'd direct them to my manager.

I normally set priorities but handle disputes through my manager.

Any communication that upper management has with me, I will always communicate back to my boss for his reference.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!