Options

subscribed threads on phone

DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
hi, Why is it that when accessing the site through the mobile potral there is no like to subscribed threads. i often access the site on my phone, and while the general lay out is great (much better than the main portal viewed through phone). It would be great to have a link to subscribed thread to save reloading each topic. cheers devilwah
  • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
  • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

Comments

• Options
    and why do post from phone lose formatting? :)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    The default phone theme is a cutdown version of the forum. You should be able to force it to use the main site if you want all the features. It won't be as easy to navigate though.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    It would be great to have a link to subscribed thread to save reloading each topic. cheers devilwah

I've actually been working on our new template for the past few days (major upgrade coming up hopefully end this year / begin next year depending on time and money) and just as for the mobile theme I need to start from scratch. Point being that any changes I make now may not be in the new style. The current mobile style is one of those temp solutions that became long-term. The new one will be similar but more functional.

That said, 'refresh', I just added two links below the header (New Posts, Subscribed Threads). Just tested on my iPhone. Thanks for the suggestion :)
    and why do post from phone lose formatting?
    I never noticed that, and not sure why that happens (probably cause I never tried, could be by design) but I do know I can't fix that with a template hack and it would require modifying php files we won't be using anymore soon.
  • Options
    Now thats great :) Thank you.

Like you say if its sall changing soon no point in doing to much but that is exaclty the kind of thing I was thinking of.

Like I said in my first post I can view the origial theme but its a little ugly on a small screen, while the mobile theme is great for my phone (nokia n900)

I now have my new techexam home page. it just means then when on the train to and dfrom work, I can glance at a single page (or two) and see whats new.

As for the formatting I am wondering if it is to do with the browser on my phone, its a version of linux I jsut wonder if other mobile users experince the same issue.

When I compose a post it has line feeds and proper formatting. but once I post it it all gets lost? Again not a big thing but once the new version is up and running it would be nice to tidy up if still nessery. I like to post but feel bad when my post look messy.

Anyway thanks for those two links. Great :) !!!