Options

Office Chairs

AmcoAmco Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
Since I spend an average of around 4hr sitting at a desk everyday, I would like to invest in a comfortable chair. Any recommendation? icon_thumright.gif

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I've been thinking about getting my own also. I spend more than four hours sitting in mine usually. No way in hell I'm paying over $700 though. Will be nice to see if anyone has some decent priced suggestions.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Here's what I've had at home for about 10 years now:

Amazon.com: Aeron Chair - Posture Fit - Medium Size (B): Home & Garden

Given the amount of time spent sitting at a desk, ~$900 isn't too much...I think I paid around $900 in 1999 or so for it.

MS
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    What eMeS said. +1 for Aeron. It might seem expensive but you're going to be parked on that for hours every day so get something good.
  • Options
    AmcoAmco Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ya I'm really liking the Aeron Chair icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    tiersten wrote: »
    What eMeS said. +1 for Aeron. It might seem expensive but you're going to be parked on that for hours every day so get something good.

Yeah, I don't think of it as expensive, considering that I bought the one I'm sitting in now in I bought in I think 1999. That's 11 years of use so far with no problems, it's still stylish, will last for at least 10 more years, and my butt doesn't get all overheated when I'm sitting in it.

My cost at the moment is about $6.86 per month, which is less that many fast food meals. Not to mention that I would probably be able to recover quite a bit of the cost if I ever sold it, and I depreciated it and deducted it as a business expense many years ago.

MS
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    i bought a $100 chair at Sam's Club for my home office and I have no complaints
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    My office chair is fairly average. I have one of those posture cushions along the spine and kidney area. It works really well.

For me though, routine exercise is the key to comfortable sitting.