Options

Study abroad

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
Alright so I'm curious if companies look down on students that do study abroad while working. Does anyone have any input? I'm planning on doing study abroad for a month for language at the university and I found a place that I would like to work for but I don't want any trouble.
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I would assume that a student visa wouldnt let you work for more than a number of hours a week. Most companies would probably want the employee to be available full-time and be eligible to work full-time. It would make sense to contact the place to find out what the eligibility criteria for employment there. Only out of curiosity, what country do you intend going to?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Oh I wasn't planning on working in Russia, I was just going to be there for a month. I didn't know what managers would think about the situation.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,567 Mod
    if you mean future employer after you finish the course, I don't think it should matter. If they ask you why you haven't been working for a month, you can always say you were on a vacation..it's not their business what u learn and where u learn anyway
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    Maybe I'm being confusing. I'm talking about having a job and then while being with the computer, go for study abroad. This is my concern because I don't know how managers would take this. I need to work but I also need to do this study abroad for possible employment at another company later on.
    Booya!!
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Maybe I'm being confusing. I'm talking about having a job and then while being with the computer, go for study abroad. This is my concern because I don't know how managers would take this. I need to work but I also need to do this study abroad for possible employment at another company later on.

Perhaps you should consider mastering English first? icon_lol.gif

Just kidding. My opinion: who cares what they think. Do it regardless. Communicate, be upfront and honest - but do not put this off or skip it because of a potential job here in the States *right now*. Learning another language is very, very important and the chance to do it abroad is excellent.
  • Options
    Perhaps you should consider mastering English first? icon_lol.gif

Just kidding. My opinion: who cares what they think. Do it regardless. Communicate, be upfront and honest - but do not put this off or skip it because of a potential job here in the States *right now*. Learning another language is very, very important and the chance to do it abroad is excellent.

You are right about mastering English. Thanks for the input.
    Booya!!
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You are right about mastering English. Thanks for the input.
    Just a "slip," like when you have to go to a store on a Saturday and it is on the route you normally take to work. Next thing you know you are 2/3 of the way to work on a non-work day and passed the store 3 miles ago... Putting the cereal in the fridge, etc...

Type 1/2 the word company but finish with computer...
  • Options
    ssampierssampier Member Posts: 224
    Just a "slip," like when you have to go to a store on a Saturday and it is on the route you normally take to work. Next thing you know you are 2/3 of the way to work on a non-work day and passed the store 3 miles ago... Putting the cereal in the fridge, etc...

Type 1/2 the word company but finish with computer...

I thought I was the only one who does stuff like that. Ugh. I'm consider myself a good driver, since I'm always paying attention to cars in front of me, behind me, and the side of me.

As a result of this much paying attention I forget what street I need to turn to, etc. I frequently have to turn around and go back. That can be a challenge on a divided highway or freeway.

I would blame it on age, but I just turned 30. I'm not over the hill yet.:D
    Future Plans:

JNCIA Firewall
    CCNA:Security
    CCNP

More security exams and then the world.