Options

Passed net+ today with 885

TheSuperRuskiTheSuperRuski Member Posts: 240
So many acronyms to remember...but it is finally done and i can begin with security+

I’ll list the things i used and what i thought about them.

1. I joined prep logic an watched the videos they had on net+. They were shot by Mike Meyers who seems to have a knack for making things simple. Really decent videos but he was kind of all over the place, by that I mean he didn’t really follow the objectives. For example like first there was topologies, then Ethernet basics and then the osi model and the protocols were scattered all throughout the series, but as i said, still pretty good videos.

2. CBT nuggets. These were my primary source of study. Extremely detailed and informative. They were like professor Messer to the 10th power. For example there was a video on firewalls alone about 37 minutes long. And followed the objectives to a tee. Made it easier with practice exams like certblaster that tells you where you need to study.

3. Professor Messer free net+ videos. Very good review videos, helped to cement what i had already learnt from the previous study materials.

As you can see i didn’t read any books. Just not my style of learning. I hope to use train signal and cbt again for my security+ I`ll post again when I’m good to go with that cert. Thank you to all of you that put up ideas on how to study it definitely helped. i hope this knowledge here will go to good use.

Odachi Tam (Good Luck out there)
[CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][I]Величина бандит ... Ваша сеть моя детская площадка [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Comments

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Gratz!

Nice score you obtained!

I plan to take this either next week or the following. I've read 90% of Mike Meyers all in one and watched about 25% of Messer videos, but I did take note cards on them.
  • Options
    over9000over9000 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats that's an awesome score for using no books!!!
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats that an awesome score! Beats my 865.
    Since you don't like books I'd resommend Labsim for the Security+ as it is very comprehensive.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    TheSuperRuskiTheSuperRuski Member Posts: 240
    @N2IT yea the Messer videos are pretty good. i read on a different site that a guy would read two book simultaneously to really understand the material. You can try that with the book and then the video instead of one (reading the entire book) after the other (watching the rest of the videos.)Just a suggestion. and good luck. Yhat far into the book, if you understand it all, you should do more than fine.

@earweed
    I`ll try that. I’ve always been curious as to what type of simulator somebody would come out with for a security cert. i can only imagine a CEH simulator. But thanks for the knowledge,

@over9000
    thank you
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][I]Величина бандит ... Ваша сеть моя детская площадка [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

• Options
    hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
    good job michael shannon is the instructor for cbtnugget
    for security plus also he is really good
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @N2IT yea the Messer videos are pretty good. i read on a different site that a guy would read two book simultaneously to really understand the material. You can try that with the book and then the video instead of one (reading the entire book) after the other (watching the rest of the videos.)Just a suggestion. and good luck. Yhat far into the book, if you understand it all, you should do more than fine.

@earweed
    I`ll try that. I’ve always been curious as to what type of simulator somebody would come out with for a security cert. i can only imagine a CEH simulator. But thanks for the knowledge,

@over9000
    thank you

Well the exam is set up for this Friday. Wish me luck and I appreciate the tips.