Options

Contract-to-Perm Salary Negotiation

JackBauer24JackBauer24 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone, need advice on how to increase my perm salary coming off of contract.

I'm currently working as a Desktop Administrator in a company of 400 employees (internal and remote) and making $22/hr as contract. But the job description they gave me is definitely not what I do at this position.

When I signed the contract with the agency, they said my position was called Sr. Desktop Support Engineer. Their paperwork at the company said the same thing. But when there was company changes and we needed to put our position in our Outlook signature, my director told me and my lead admin that I was just a Desktop Administrator....not even Sr. They hired another tech who has more experience than me, but hasn't worked desktop in a couple of years. I got 4 months on him here, but I found out he was brought on to be Sr., even though he does the same work I do. Freaking sucks!

This is my role:

-desktop support
-sysadmin role (working in AD - creating/editing/deleting accounts and PCs)
-tape backup (just recently picked up this role, but I backup the primary)
-help desk/remote support
-PC hardware tech/imaging tech
-Mobile support (Blackberrys, iPhones, and recently HTC Evos)
-Asset inventory and doing IT purchase orders

I know the infrastructure inside and out since I've been here and been getting great reviews from the end users, my supervisor and director. This company's IT has been in the crapper for years. I love this position because I'm coming in and establishing our dept. from the ground up. I want to go perm, but I don't want to take a pay cut with the amt. of stuff I do for the position. Plus, when I go perm, we have to be on-call one week every 1 1/2 months - not paid.

What can I do because of not being paid on-call and all the extra roles I have to take on to increase the perm salary?

Comments

• Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well, it is pretty standard that you could get a slight bump in pay. If they make you an offer try to negotiate. I wouldn't expect more than $25, and that would even be pushing it.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro