Options

70-640 book HELP

Jimmy22Jimmy22 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi There,

My Sybex book has come for the 70-640. The book seems very different to the MS-Press book i have been reading.

How would you guys compare the 2 and use them for studying.

All help very much appricaited

Cheers

James

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The best thing to say is that they go well if used together. Neither is complete by itself.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Thanks earweed,

So is it just a thing of reading the 2 books cover to cover or reading a chapter each for example Groups or cetificates.

Cheers J
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I read the corresponding chapters pretty much together. I read the MS chapter and then the corresponding sybex chapter. Some people do it differently.
    I found doing the extra practice labs in the MS press book to be the most help as far as labbing. Don't forget that the tests now cover R2 so lab with that.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Just checked my lab server and its not win2008 R2 i dont think we have R2 on our maps pack also would it break everything if i upgraded.

Also where can i get a copy of R2 that wont run out while training.

Cheers J
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Jimmy22 wrote: »
    Just checked my lab server and its not win2008 R2 i dont think we have R2 on our maps pack also would it break everything if i upgraded.

Also where can i get a copy of R2 that wont run out while training.

Cheers J
    The 2008 R2 evaluation will last at least 180 days, which likely should be enough. However if you have MAPS, it includes Technet according to this blog post:
    Technet Plus -- now part of Action pack - THE OFFICIAL BLOG OF THE SBS "DIVA"

On Technet you can get 2008 R2 without an expiration.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I usually read MS book first finish it then read Sybex book , you can however read chapter by chapter from both but I think it could be sometimes confusing.