Options

70-640 tomorrow

dexterryudexterryu Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well, tomorrow is the day. Going through practice tests and reviewing now. Getting 90+% on the test kit that came with the MS Press book (co-worker said it's harder than the real thing).

Only thing that has me nervous is the R2 stuff now. Wish me luck and if anyone has some quick reads on R2 stuff that might show up in the exam please link them.

Comments

• Options
    shon541shon541 Member Posts: 136
    Good luck! Bring home the win.
  • Options
    Passed it with a 754... not as good as I'd have liked but good enough. I tell you, it was a heck of an experience. When I first got there the testing server was down... so I got a delayed start (used my phone to cram some more on technet). Then 1/3rd of the way through, the test server crashed again. Luckily after another 30 minute break I was able to pick up where I left off.

Anyhow... Test was 75 questions. 3hrs and 15 minute time limit.

I had a fair amount of R2 and Win 7 questions. As far as R2 stuff goes make sure you read up and and are familiar with:

Applocker (2 questions)
    AD Recycle bin (5 questions)
    ADFS v2 (3 questions)

742 next... hopefully it's more straight forward than this one was and will have less R2 impact
  • Options
    LCALCA Member Posts: 215
    Well done bud! icon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gif

I sat 640 on October 21st and there was 50 questions. The server crashed twice while I was doing the test.

Re the R2 content in 642, the list of R2 specific topics is longer than in 640. Look at the sticky at the top of this thread about 642 resources it has plenty of URL's to good study resources.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://sqlsnapshots.blogspot.com/ - My SQL Server exam resources blog
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass!
    The 75 question tests are (supposedly) loaded with ungraded beta questions but then again M$ never officially says anything. They still haven't officially acknowledged that they are putting R2 content in the exams at all.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    LCALCA Member Posts: 215
    earweed wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass!
    The 75 question tests are (supposedly) loaded with ungraded beta questions but then again M$ never officially says anything. They still haven't officially acknowledged that they are putting R2 content in the exams at all.

I have the thought going through my mind that MS are muddling around with this partly because they're trying to make it harder for the braindumpers who of course call remembering answers "studying". They seem to be chopping and changing the Server 2008 exams around a fair bit.

I'm quite happy to be proven wrong of course.......... icon_confused.gif: icon_redface.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://sqlsnapshots.blogspot.com/ - My SQL Server exam resources blog
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That they are. Throwing out 75 question tests is a big step though...lol
    I got a taste of one of those on my first attempt at the 70-643 exam. It left me drained and defeated.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    75 Questions is pretty brutal either way. That's a long time to have to sit there. I was pretty fried by the end of it.

I'd rather see them get back to the simulation exams than just make really long tests. You can't braindump a simulation.
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations, I too only got 45 questions and I got in the 900, it seems exams are harder now so I'm glad I only have one exam left :D