Options

Which is harder

jtfranksjtfranks Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just passed my hardware part today. I'm probably going to take the OS part by the end of this month. I was just wondering which is harder the Core part or the OS part and also to the people who've taken the Network+ and A+ which did you think was the hardest? I thought that the Core part was harder than Network+ but then again I've had more experience with the network kinda stuff.
Justin

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I though Os was a bit harder, as I think a lot of perople will say. Although, I did pass, I did fail first, mainly because of my own stupid overconfidence. I scored very high on Core, so I though Os would a piece of cake, it wasn't. Afterwards, I just calmed down a bit, reread my objectives, and what I had to study more on, and I passed.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    mark_pizamark_piza Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I found the core exam to be easy, and i'm taking the OS exam tomorrow. I will let you know how I go, and which one I thought was harder.

Congrats and well done on the core exam pass too! icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Most posts on the A+ forums seem to say that OS is harder than Core. When I took my A+ exams I didn't feel like it while I was taking the OS, but my score reflected that it was much more difficult.

It will depend on your experience as well. We have 2 young women in our Helpdesk dept. who passed OS fine, but one has failed Core 2 times now, and the other is hesitant to try it, although they have both gone through a company supplied A+ training course. But, they have both been phone people almost constantly, and work with OSs every day but haven't seen inside many PCs, even in training.

I suggest that you get a copy of as many of these OSs as you can and practice with them--including installing them, and multibooting them.

Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki