Options

Translation Pattern on H.323

boycomputerboycomputer Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have this scenario where my cucm is connected to a h.323 gateway (2811), it has a fxo port where I connect my home phone connection to pstn. Lets say my home phone number is 588-4863, and my local phone (ip phones) numbers ranges from 6001~6010.

If I call my home phone number 588-4863 using my mobile phone, is it possible to translate it to the ranges of my ip phone numbers on a fxo port using translation pattern on h.323 gateway without using "connection plar" command, I only want to use translation pattern, is it possible specially using fxo port?

Comments

• Options
    Hi All! I got the solution to my question above, now I have another problem. Everytime I made a call to my h.323 gateway it is now translated to a local number in my IP Phones. But my calling number (my cellphone) is automatically answered even though the IP Phone is still ringing. I can hear the ringing in my cellphone but I can also see that the call is answered even though I didn't pick up my IP Phone yet. Am I missing some commands for this?

By the way, I dont use the command "connection plar opx" command on my voice-port x/x/x as I use the "translation" command this time

Thanks!
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I have this scenario where my cucm is connected to a h.323 gateway (2811), it has a fxo port where I connect my home phone connection to pstn. Lets say my home phone number is 588-4863, and my local phone (ip phones) numbers ranges from 6001~6010.

If I call my home phone number 588-4863 using my mobile phone, is it possible to translate it to the ranges of my ip phone numbers on a fxo port using translation pattern on h.323 gateway without using "connection plar" command, I only want to use translation pattern, is it possible specially using fxo port?

Don't think that it's possible but I never tried to be honest. The best that you can do on an FXO port is send it somewhere with the connection plar command. If they were DID trunks then you might have a bit more flexibility.

What’s the ultimate goal? You can send the FXO call to an extension, and have it set as a secondary button on all of the phones to make them all ring.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    Hi Pitviper

I managed to translate my called number (588-4863 to 60001 ext) by applying the command on either the voice-port or dial-peer without the use of connection-plar opx command on an FXO port and it worked!

But the problem I had now is that my CellPhone automatically goes off-hook even when my IP Phone is still on-hook and ringing. I can hear the ring on my cellphone but the thing is it is answered status... Do you think there is a way for my CellPhone to not automaticaly answer the call until my IP Phone gets off-hook?

BTW my ultimate goal is just for studying for my cvoice exam, just want to practice little commands and get familiarize with fxo/fxs/did. Also I can apply this on my work or home
  • Options
    hermeszdatahermeszdata Member Posts: 225
    Hi Pitviper

I managed to translate my called number (588-4863 to 60001 ext) by applying the command on either the voice-port or dial-peer without the use of connection-plar opx command on an FXO port and it worked!

But the problem I had now is that my CellPhone automatically goes off-hook even when my IP Phone is still on-hook and ringing. I can hear the ring on my cellphone but the thing is it is answered status... Do you think there is a way for my CellPhone to not automaticaly answer the call until my IP Phone gets off-hook?

BTW my ultimate goal is just for studying for my cvoice exam, just want to practice little commands and get familiarize with fxo/fxs/did. Also I can apply this on my work or home

I think there is some confusion in terminology here.

If I understand correctly, the call originates from your CellPhone! Once you hit "Send" after entering the DIaled number, your CellPhone is "OFF HOOK" and until you pick up the receiver of the IP Phone, the call is not "Fully" complete. However, without the use of PLAR OPX the call is actually answered by the router and the transfer using your translation pattern is made to the IP Phone. PLAR OPX is effectively a transparent pass thru to the destination phone on your local network.

I am running a similar situation in my home lab. I have a couple of Magic Jacks (running on different PCs) connected to FXO ports on my router, IP phones in my office, Livingroom, Bedroom, and my wife's studio. MJ goes to Voicemail after 5 rings if I use PLAR OPX. If I translate the call as you suggest, the router signals that the terminal end of the call is off hook to the MJ and continues to ring until either the IP Phone goes off hook or the timeout occurs on the celphone and the call drops. The problem with this (non PLAR OPX) is that if one has a Cell Plan with a limited number of Included Minutes, those minutes begin counting down once the router picks up the call!

The system you are wanting to use is more akin to an Auto Attendent/IVR implimentation.

John
    John
    Current Progress:
    Studying:
    CCNA Security - 60%, CCNA Wireless - 80%, ROUTE - 10% (Way behind due to major Wireless Project)
    Exams Passed:
    CCNA - 640-802 - 17 Jan 2011 -- CVOICE v6 - 642-436 - 28 Feb 2011
    2011 Goals
    CCNP/CCNP:Voice