Options

On-Call Pay for Contractors

JackBauer24JackBauer24 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm currently working contract-to-hire, but my director decided to put me and my co-worker (who is also contract) on the on-call rotation.

The salaried folks don't get paid on-call, but what about us? I'm currently getting $22/hour. How much should I ask for being on-call?

Comments

• Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I'm currently working contract-to-hire, but my director decided to put me and my co-worker (who is also contract) on the on-call rotation.

The salaried folks don't get paid on-call, but what about us? I'm currently getting $22/hour. How much should I ask for being on-call?

I'm actually curious if anyone has an answer to this one either because I'm in the same boat
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    SabaloSabalo Member Posts: 100
    I'm actually curious if anyone has an answer to this one either because I'm in the same boat

I suspect that the least you should be getting paid is $22 an hour, if your position is an exempt from OT requirements position. If it is non-exempt, you should be getting 1.5x for your work above and beyond.
    I'm no expert, I'm just a guy with some time, money, and the desire to learn a few things.

Completed ITILv3 on 11/20, working on College & METEO, reading Classics on my Kindle, organizing my music library with Mediamonkey & TuneUp, trying to lose a wee bit of weight by running, eating less, and lifting weights, planning for my stateside vacation, and wasting time posting on forums.