Options

Anyone heard of OnForce?

earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
It's like an agency that connects customers to techs. I was wondering if anyone here has ever had any experience with them. I was told about this when I described how Syntechs (who I used to work for) is set up. Hopefully they are better than Syntechs.
No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.

Comments

• Options
    xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    I did some work for them through my previous employer. They were pretty straight forward to me. The price per call was on par with similar services. Most calls were a flat fee of $40-$80.

I remember one job I did through them that involved replacing all the cash registers in a WalMart customer service department with new touch screen models. It took about 10 hours, from 10pm-8am, and they paid $75/hr. Not bad for a nights work. I also replaced alot of wireless access points for WalMart through them as well. Most of the calls, though, were residential PC issues or HDTV part replacement.

They always paid promptly and gave you the opportunity to work a decent number of calls if you wanted to. This was a few years ago, so it may or may not be the same now.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • Options
    I just now heard about them. At least they don't have forums started by ex techs about how they got shafted like another company I wont ever mention again unless I'm warning a tech to steer clear. From what I've heard of them they are pretty straight.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Thought I'd bump this to see if anyone else here has used them. I've searched the forum here and on the net and except for a few disgruntled ex-employees who were suspended and or fired I've seen nothing really bad about them. I've got the phone interview nest week, I'm still job hunting and am even in the running for 2 different projects in the next 2 months (hopefully I get these) but on force looks like it may be good for now.
    They also offer free training and certs for Dell certs to their techs which is a plus. Also reduced price for Appple certs.