Options

Order of MCITP EA exams

Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
Whats the suggested order of the MCITP:EA exams? I was thinking doing 640 and 643 first because I may have the change to work with a 2k8 IIS box very soon (from the ground up). Then I could double back and do 680, 642 and 647.

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Speaking just WRT doing the 70-643 second in the order.
    That may be a good order for you to go in. You really need the group policy and certificate services fresh in your mind for the 70-643 as they are used quite a bit. Don't forget though that IIS is only about 30% of the exam.
    The deploying servers portion (storage, deployment, and virtualization) should be cake for you and the network applications (Sharepoint and media services) is not really that bad. The hardest part besides IIS is Remote Desktop Services.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    earweed wrote: »
    Speaking just WRT doing the 70-643 second in the order.
    That may be a good order for you to go in. You really need the group policy and certificate services fresh in your mind for the 70-643 as they are used quite a bit. Don't forget though that IIS is only about 30% of the exam.
    The deploying servers portion (storage, deployment, and virtualization) should be cake for you and the network applications (Sharepoint and media services) is not really that bad. The hardest part besides IIS is Remote Desktop Services.

That's a pretty big part of the exam. But I see what you are saying. Since I am probably going to be the one making the recommendations on our web server security and such, this test and 640 seems like they will be the most poignant to my job. Well Win 7 will be pretty important as well. Who knows. This pretty much goes against my desires to not work with windows but this ASP.NET stuff is interesting and server core seems pretty sexy. Web app/Web app security seems really interesting.
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I did this (see my signature) and I have 647 at last. I recommend it