PASSED (903)

ThanatosKnightThanatosKnight Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah ... Finally passed today with 903 ...
One previous exam failure with 780 .

I completely change the study method to pass the exam .

Good luck to the others :)

Comments

• MissionKap1001MissionKap1001 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    what study method did you use this time?
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • porengoporengo Member Posts: 343
    Congrats! What sims did you get on your exam? By the way, wish me luck. I'm testing for my second time on Saturday (got a 835 the first time).
  • TranscenderMichaelTranscenderMichael Member Posts: 187
    Congrats! :)

The Cisco Certifications Confidentiality Agreement prohibits individuals from revealing information about the exam (including the simulations that were seen) or risk becoming decertified. If you want to disclose that info, that's your business... but remember what you electronically signed.
    TranscenderMichael (at hotmail.com)
    MCSE+I, MCDST, MCDBA, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CNE, CCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, A+
    Kaplan IT
    Powering Transcender and Self Test Software
    Served proudly, USArmy, 98C, '89-'92
  • ThanatosKnightThanatosKnight Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I can't reply regarding the sims , but the best method is to have experience on the cisco gear and try all the things that are written on the cisco books . Don't try to memorize too many things .

Good Luck icon_wink.gif
    Another good advice is relax at the testing centre icon_wink.gif

ThanatosKnight icon_cool.gif
  • normtnormt Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done!!!

Hope to get mine is s few weeks!!!
    Elvis Lives!!! Thank you very much!!!
  • BadersaudBadersaud Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats
    icon_wink.gif

The CCNP waiting
  • LaevanayLaevanay Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

I have just started studying for my CCNA, in many jobs interviews, they ask me about it....

As for "changing your study method", what did you do? Could you please let us know?
    I completely change the study method to pass the exam .

Good luck to the others :)

Thanks!
    Shaqs
  • medicmedic Member Posts: 116 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • stndrd_123stndrd_123 Member Posts: 113
    Congratulations, CCNA is one of a couple of next choices for me after I take the net+ in a couple of weeks.
    Hi Laevanay,

I mean that I also focused on the lab experience . I think the networking concepts isn't enough to take the ccna exam .

Good luck icon_wink.gif
  • LaevanayLaevanay Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ThanatosKnight:

Thanks for the info. I am planning on saving for a couple of routers, as I hear more and more that the lab part. I might be able to save for the boson CCNP Router Sim package(the one currently in beta with 50% off the CCNP pakage). Do you think that will be good enough? Or should I continue to save till I can actually get the routers....

Thanks.....

Shaq
  • shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
    There is nothing like the real thing. I have the Boson CCNA sim and it is very helpful. But, I also have 2 2507's and a 1912 switch which I believe is helping me more than the sim program.

Also, good job on the pass!!
  • Fu LoserFu Loser Member Posts: 123
    Congrats!

I just started study to take the exam for ccna. I put studying on hold for awhile, went on vacation and worked alot, we were short a person.

I just change my study habbits from what i was doing before. I am scoring mid 900's on practice test now.

I focused much more on labs ( i have Boson Netsim CCNP) and I just got a laptop so I have been doing labs not stop during every spare minut of the day.

I have a dry erase board. As I do a lab I map my thoughts of what happens to a packet as it traverses the network. This has help me a ton.

ex: Packet goes out interface 0 on network # to int 0. layer 2 check for mac and forwards blah blah blah.

Doing this has helped me out a ton. before I was just doing the lab and not really thinking about everything I was reading in the books about how and why things are working the way they are.

Once I started really trying to put labs/reading wrapped together, more stuff makes sense and I am effient at solving tricking problems
  • shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
    That's a great way to do it... I use not card to record my thoughts and while I'm at work I study over what I did for that day.
    I think the cisco gear is better ,

maybe the best combination is a ccna simulator (lower cost than ccnp sim) with some routers and switches . Two routers and one switch for example .

The lab experience with the real thing and with the simulator is very important . Finally , a very good preparation on the networking concepts is also needed (don't try to memorize many things , but talk over them) .

Bye

icon_wink.gif