Options

Resume Critique

HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
Updated my resume and just want a little feedback. I have more job experience but it doesn't apply to the IT field at all and have heard from multiple sources to not include it.

Really not sure what i'm looking for, just preferably no more L1 help desk. Will update with sec+ when i'm done with that. Afterward planning on going down the MCITP:SA path that just seems to be the direction i'm looking for. Any thoughts? Words of wisdom? Flames? Donations? Thanks.
WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.

Comments

• Options
    ZaitsZaits Member Posts: 142
    Theres a million and one ways to do a resume so take my advice with a grain of salt. I know you don't have a title on here because you are hiding your name, but make sure it pops because right now this resume looks very bland to me and didn't catch my attention. I'd move your education to the top and change it to certifications rather than education. I typically underline the name of the company I work for and just bold the job title. Just for formatting sake I would make sure the job title and company name are lined up and make sure you use the same size font for titles( your Level One Analyst is 12 font and Communications Assistant is 11). You have Cisco routers and switches under technical skills maybe list out what models you've worked with. My last piece of advice.. if you have Experience listed in the center you should stay consistent and move education and technical skills in the same spot.

Hope this helps
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    +1 to what Zaits said.

Make the resume more attractive. I know you are only looking for a L1 position, but you got to make the resume stand out. Now dont go with hot pinks or flaming reds or garden greens, but when a HR dud goes through the resume, they should be like "Hey let's look at this". Currently your resume is destined for the dumpster. I know it sounds harsh (I learnt it the hard way too) but that's how it is. Redo the formatting, use consistent font and indentations. If you want, repost after you have edited it and let's see what you come up with.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com