Rack-mounted equipment in a Humvee

JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
Anyone know of any companies that make computer rack mount systems for military Humvees? I'd sure like to get some opinions from TE's military membership as to the brands to consider and to avoid.

Comments

• tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Anyone know of any companies that make computer rack mount systems for military Humvees? I'd sure like to get some opinions from TE's military membership as to the brands to consider and to avoid.

No clue I know our equipment comes from General Dynamics even though its all off the shelf stuff. I never thought to look, its pretty basic looking steel racks.
  • wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Most of the actual racks in the military vehicles/trailers is fabricated. Outside of that Pelican/Hardigg rack-mount cases are pretty common for mobile communication equipment.
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    BBC News - US nuclear transport agents seen 'in drunken incidents'

Need to stop the comms equipment and bombs falling out of the vehicles aye JD? icon_lol.gif
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    Pash wrote: »
    Need to stop the comms equipment and bombs falling out of the vehicles aye JD? icon_lol.gif
    I just want to find out what the DoD and DoD contractors are already using to do just that!
  • Mojo_666Mojo_666 Member Posts: 438
    I mate of mine (Who works for GD) was dealing with a company from New Zealand who made a product called Amorak or ArmourRack or something that sounded like that. I did google the term but could not find the product, it was a very funky bit of kit it was basically a wall box which would take 4U of full size kit which would hange virtically in a positivly preasurised unit which afaik also had a ballistic rating, but I might be getting confused with a tough book type laptop in regards to the balistic rating thing.
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Seems strange no1 has piped up, I thought there were hundreds of jarhead's on here!
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • myedjo24myedjo24 Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
    General dynamics is the only company I ever worked with regarding tactical rack mounts. Here is a link to see what they use generally to hold routers/switches/servers/whatever. General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies - Composite Rackmount Cases