Options

List of questions that could be/highly possible on the A+ Exam?

MienTommyMienTommy Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Anyone want to come up with a list of questions that are highly possible on the A+ exam? I've tried searching online for practice tests and the questions are really outdated or just plain stupid such as.. ("Which button would you press in the beginning of the boot process to install Windows XP? : F2 F4 F6 F8" Answer: F6 ) They had questions that are as dumb as that, that isn't even correct. The correct answer will vary from different motherboards. Although, to install a RAID driver with the XP key, you would need to push F6 I think that's what they meant.

Anyhow, let's come up with some questions that are highly possible on the A+ Exam. I think i'm ready to take it but I want to be precise.

What side of the motherboard architecture deals with the CPU, GPU, and Memory?
Answer: North Bridge / Memory Controller Hub / IOH

What power connector is used to supply power for older IDE/PATA Hard Drives?
Answer: 4-pin Molex

Comments

• Options
    kaigeikaigei Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Something that you can do on your own, like many have on this board, is to look at the A+ objectives and use the information to create flash cards for yourself to test your knowledge. I have used this method on all of my exams.
    Certifications that I am working on
    Project+
    70-680
    70-685
  • Options
    ramirerramirer Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    MienTommy wrote: »
    Anyone want to come up with a list of questions that are highly possible on the A+ exam? I've tried searching online for practice tests and the questions are really outdated or just plain stupid such as.. ("Which button would you press in the beginning of the boot process to install Windows XP? : F2 F4 F6 F8" Answer: F6 ) They had questions that are as dumb as that, that isn't even correct. The correct answer will vary from different motherboards. Although, to install a RAID driver with the XP key, you would need to push F6 I think that's what they meant.

Anyhow, let's come up with some questions that are highly possible on the A+ Exam. I think i'm ready to take it but I want to be precise.

What side of the motherboard architecture deals with the CPU, GPU, and Memory?
    Answer: North Bridge / Memory Controller Hub / IOH

What power connector is used to supply power for older IDE/PATA Hard Drives?
    Answer: 4-pin Molex
    The practice tests at mcmcse.com (link in Topsites section of this website) are good. One of the practical questions on that site is damn near word for word what was on the exam.

Also CompTia's own website has 30 practice questions for the 701 and 702.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    ramirer wrote: »
    The practice tests at mcmcse.com (link in Topsites section of this website) are good. One of the practical questions on that site is damn near word for word what was on the exam.

Also CompTia's own website has 30 practice questions for the 701 and 702.

Thanks for the heads up!