Options

Survey

DanielHughesDanielHughes Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just wondering, does the survery that you take prior to an exam have anything to do with the questions that you receive in your test? If you say that you have high knowledge on the section, will they test you with harder questions? Or if you have low knowledge on a different section, will they test you more in that area?
Or are they just trying to find out why people get questiosn wrong etc?

Comments

• Options
    58 reads and no replies. I am guessing that this is something we are not meant to talk about.
    Sorry
  • Options
    alokin123alokin123 Member Posts: 268
    i think this may have been discussed previoulsy in another thread but i think the general consesus is that your responses to the survery dont impact the questions you receive in the exam.

I remember the first time i got the survey and i was a bit like yourself and thought it would determine what questions i got so i picked the neutral option for each one.

I always thought the real exam would determine how competent we were in each of the areas tested on the exam not what we put on the survey.
  • Options
    Thanks Alokin,
    I did a search and couldn't find it mentioned everwhere.
    Cheers for your reply
  • Options
    slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't have initmate knowledge with this particular exam, but I know that atleast for all the MS exams I have taken they are not "adaptive" The survery shouldn't have anything to do with what questions posed to you, if this were possible I am sure everyone would list that they are weak in all areas strong and vice versa, or possilby be able to manipulate the exam in other ways.

When I took the Comptia A+ exams they were adaptive, my understanding of this was that if you failed a question then you were likely to receive one or more similar questions, this was due to the fact that you had to accrue enough points in each domain to pass that domain, this also meant there wasn't a fixed number of questions for every exam, some students aquired enough points in fewer questions.

Microsoft's site would like have the defentive answer to this question, but I seriously doubt your input determines what content you get on the exam.

* The surveys at the end of the exam however, are meant to influence future exam content, if you have a problem understanding a particular question or simulator objective, you should definatley leave clear and comprehensive feedback, be very specific, provide an opinion on how this or that should / could be better. I personally feel this is very important to the ongoing improvement of MS exams.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The course mentor at WGU told me this. I've tried "neutral" answers low and high and the tests are pretty much the same difficulty. I don't think it has any effect.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.