Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
Hey guys,

Silly terminology question for something I have to write for management. When working in EIGRP the router that is on the edge. What is it called? I know in OSPF I would call it a ASBR. But for some reason the EIGRP terminology eludes me right now...

Basically we are doing redistrubtion into the ISPs OSPF network from our EIGRP and vice versa.

AS router? Edge Router?


  • vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785
    I've always used the term Edge Router regardless of routing protocol. I guess it depends on your perspective. I work for an SP so we use terms like Provider Edge and Enterprise Edge. If you are crossing from your network onto someone else's, then you should be pretty safe using the term Edge Router. YMMV.
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
Sign In or Register to comment.