Options

Passed CEH

-Foxer--Foxer- Member Posts: 151
I passed CEH today. The test was a little different than I was expecting, which made it a little harder. The questions were just more specific than I thought they would be. Overall it was a pretty good test, although there was one question about netstat that referred to an image that wasn't there, so I just had to guess on that one. I'm enrolled at WGU, so I used their provided books, which included the 5 official books, and the Hacking Exposed videos, plus I read The Official CEH Prep Guide from books 24x7. I used the exam force practice tests. If anyone has any questions just let me know.

Comments

• Options
    malexandermalexander Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! and thanks for posting your experience. Do you think after taking the test that all of the training material you listed was needed? or was one more valuable than the other?
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratz, I had one of those questions too.
  • Options
    I don't know if all the books were needed. They seemed to just cover most of the same stuff in a slightly different way. But because I took longer than normal to go through them, it was nice to review stuff again. I don't think one was necessarily better than another. They all seemed pretty good to me.
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Great to hear.

I understand their was an experience requirement before you can take the test. Sounds like you are a student? Does the WGU class count as the prereq?
    -Daniel
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    SephStorm wrote: »
    hacking exposed videos?

Yeah, it was part of the stuff that I got signed up for through WGU. It was through OnlineExpert.com
  • Options
    Daniel333 wrote: »
    Great to hear.

I understand their was an experience requirement before you can take the test. Sounds like you are a student? Does the WGU class count as the prereq?

I guess so. I do have server experience, but not a lot of security experience, but I just requested a voucher like I have for other tests in the past through WGU, and scheduled through prometric like normal.
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! What did you think of the exam (out of date etc)? Also whats up next for you?
  • Options
    ATL-TECHATL-TECH Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I might take the CEH up too because I am the the networking and security field.
  • Options
    jayc71jayc71 Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and thanks for posting what you used to study! This might not be the next cert I take, but it's definitely on my radar.
    CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, Sec+, AWS CSA/Developer/Sysops Admin Associate, AWS CSA Pro, AWS Security - Specialty, ITILv3, Scrummaster, MS, BS, AS, my head hurts.