Options

My company is sending me to...

MainframeOS390MainframeOS390 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
a Global Knowledge 5 day training class BSCI (Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks). Have anyone of you ever been? Did you get a lot out of it? Well at least this will push me to take the CCNA since it's a pre-req. And I get a free X-Box, lol

thanks 4 the info

Comments

• Options
    TranscenderMichaelTranscenderMichael Member Posts: 187
    a Global Knowledge 5 day training class BSCI (Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks). Have anyone of you ever been? Did you get a lot out of it? Well at least this will push me to take the CCNA since it's a pre-req. And I get a free X-Box, lol

thanks 4 the info

Learn the CCNA stuff well, because otherwise, the BSCI material will come at you so quickly it will make your head spin.

Have fun! :)
    TranscenderMichael (at hotmail.com)
    MCSE+I, MCDST, MCDBA, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CNE, CCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, A+
    Kaplan IT
    Powering Transcender and Self Test Software
    Served proudly, USArmy, 98C, '89-'92
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I normally don't recommend crash courses for certs, but since the company is paying and you get an XBOX... ;) You'll probably have intensive access to a good lab so it should definitely be worth your time. Besides good equipment, the quality of the training depends a lot on the quality of the instructor. If he or she worked in the field for a decent amount of time, you'll probably be able to pick up some interesting stuff you won't find in most books. And it's a good oppertunity to meet peers.