Options

Nervous about 701 and 702

DynastyyyyyDynastyyyyy Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,
I am new here and love it so far. I am in my senior year of college and I will be graduating with a degree in Computer Science. I have a high interest in the IT field as well and I am taking the 701 and 702 exams in 2 weeks. I have been reading Mike Meyers All-In-One and I have 3 chapters left. Do you guys think 1 read through is enough? I plan on using the practice exams and review questions from the book also. I'm quite nervous about taking the exams, I don't want to fail. Do you guys have any other suggestions for study materials?

Comments

• Options
    Excellent1Excellent1 Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi guys,
    I am new here and love it so far. I am in my senior year of college and I will be graduating with a degree in Computer Science. I have a high interest in the IT field as well and I am taking the 701 and 702 exams in 2 weeks. I have been reading Mike Meyers All-In-One and I have 3 chapters left. Do you guys think 1 read through is enough? I plan on using the practice exams and review questions from the book also. I'm quite nervous about taking the exams, I don't want to fail. Do you guys have any other suggestions for study materials?

Well, you can search through this forum for a wealth of recommendations on training materials. If you don't have much of a budget, the Professor Messer free videos are helpful. There are also some free practice exams here and there.

The Meyers book is pretty thorough, so as long as you're comfortable with how you're scoring on the practice exams, you should be fine. Best of luck.
  • Options
    sthompson86sthompson86 Member Posts: 370
    I always judge my readiness by taking practice exams. Once I start scoring well on practice exams then I will feel confident enough to go take the real thing, and if not I will buy more materials.

Personally, I like to go through several sources when I prepare for a cert, whether it be multiple books or a combination of books and videos.

Check out the Professor Messor Videos as mentioned above.

As far as the nervousness goes, I stay nervous till it is over.
    Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I didn't even pick up a book. I did a single run through on labsim. No additional tests or anything like that. I've been building my own systems for 13 years and at the time was working a network support help desk so your experience may vary. If you're comfortable with that kind of stuff though you should nail it. 701 is a total cakewalk and requires memorization really, 702 actually makes you think just a little bit. Good luck on the tests.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.