Options

What happens when you fail?

capitalsowncapitalsown Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
When you fail, what happens? Do you see what questions you got wrong? Or is it the same screen but instead of saying "CONGRATULATIONS, YOU PASSED" it says something like "SORRY, YOU FAILED". My friend failed thinks it was a result of him not completing a bunch of the pick 2 questions because it said more were marked than he remembers marking. I said the review screen before you submit your score tells you the number of incomplete answers as well as the number of marked questions and puts a yellow "I" next to the incompletes and a red "M" next to the marked questions. He said he saw a bunch of yellow rectangles and assumed those were questions he got wrong. All in all, I'm confused about what he's saying. Do you know what you got wrong when you fail? Or how many more right answers you needed to pass? Or was he just misunderstanding the review screen? In the end, I'm thankful I read literally almost everything they put in front of me during the test. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If he saw yellowtriangles or something during the review process they were probably incompletes. You get the same thing when you fail as when you pass. The score and they give you what objective areas you missed questions in. When you fail you'll have a LOT more objective areas on the score report.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    maps4youmaps4you Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had the same (nearly the same issue on Security+), I passed, but here's what happened. I definately ran through all 100 questions. When you get to question 100 the Review button enables. So when you click it a small window opens with yellow and red identifiers (yellow marked / red missed)

That window is smaller and sits over the main screen. In my nerviousness I only corrected the ones in the small windows field of view. I never stretched the window--doh!. So with about 5 minutes left I had to rush through all the remaining questions outside my field of view in that window -- probably 40-50 more. I never had enough time but thankfully I passed.
    Aside its bad to go back and change answers.

This did not happen on the Network+ whereby the Review screen takes up the entire monitor display space.