Online/Distance MBA Programs???

Greetings from Afghanistan,

I'll be finishing my BS in 2 semesters and would like to enroll in an MBA program via distance education.

Would anyone know of any distance MBA programs from a brick and mortar school? Not any online schools like UOP, WGU, or any other for-profit. My last company had a hiring policy that only 2% of it's 85,000 employees could have degrees from a "for-profit" school. I'm sure they're not the only ones that frown upon them.

Any help?

Moe.

Comments

• powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well, I don't know what the requirements are for many distance programs. Some of them certainly do have a portion of the program with face-to-face requirements.

Indiana University Kelley School of Business has an online program through Kelley Direct

James Madison University has two different online MBA programs, but I think that they require some face-to-face, as well.

Another option, if travel is an option, might be doing an Executive MBA, although they are typically more strict about having real world experience after an undergrad degree than typical MBA admissions. They usually are face-to-face, but meet monthly or semi-monthly for a couple of days at a time.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    Would anyone know of any distance MBA programs from a brick and mortar school? Not any online schools like UOP, WGU, or any other for-profit. My last company had a hiring policy that only 2% of it's 85,000 employees could have degrees from a "for-profit" school. I'm sure they're not the only ones that frown upon them.

Try googling various state colleges. I could recommend California State University Dominguez Hills as it has a great reputation, is reasonably priced and is also AACSB accredited.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Penn State (Welcome to Penn State's Home on the Web) offers an MBA through its Word Campus online program. Not sure about any inperson requirements.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Would anyone know of any distance MBA programs from a brick and mortar school? Not any online schools like UOP, WGU, or any other for-profit.

Point of contention: WGU is non-profit. icon_cool.gif

(Having said that, it isn't AACSB-accredited.)
  • hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    erpadmin wrote: »
    Point of contention: WGU is non-profit. icon_cool.gif

(Having said that, it isn't AACSB-accredited.)

Correction...WGU is a non-profit but still falls into the well known "online" school category.
  • rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill's Kenan Flagler School of Business has an online MBA program, but it looks like you do have to attend some weekend sessions.
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Greetings from Afghanistan,

I'll be finishing my BS in 2 semesters and would like to enroll in an MBA program via distance education.

Any help?

Moe.

Just another reason why you need to be careful which school you invest your hard earned dollars in.
    Turgon wrote: »
    Just another reason why you need to be careful which school you invest your hard earned dollars in.
    Roger that!
  • brianeaglesfanbrianeaglesfan Member Posts: 130
    An excellent source for AACSB on-line MBA's, keep in mind that the state you hold residency in could offer some of the best deals. One I'm currently considering, once I've established residency, is the on-line MBA through the University of North Texas.

Best Buy Online MBA AACSB Accredited | Ratings & Rankings | GetEducated.com
    Complete: MSMIS, MBA, EPIC certified
    In progress: CPHIMS, CAPM
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Turgon wrote: »

Agreed! Don't just go for the cheapest or easiest. There are excellent institutions out there that provide online methods.
  • goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    East Carolina University has a completely online program.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
    An excellent source for AACSB on-line MBA's, keep in mind that the state you hold residency in could offer some of the best deals. One I'm currently considering, once I've established residency, is the on-line MBA through the University of North Texas.

Best Buy Online MBA AACSB Accredited | Ratings & Rankings | GetEducated.com
    My parents live in TX so this could work for me! Thanks.
  • Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Drexel,

One of the top AACSB accredited MBA schools in the country but it is not cheap and you can complete it online.
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology