Options

taking it monday....

confuzzconfuzz Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
yep.... going for it again, I better pass this time, lol....

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Good luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Best of luck to you, I'm sure you'll do just fine.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    good luck!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    princess4peaceprincess4peace Member Posts: 286
    yeah!! i wish you good luck :) i mean your pasing this time around willm go along way.
    Knowledge is life
  • Options
    8 hours to go, I should stop studying and go to bed, lol....
  • Options
    Yeah, you definately want to get a decent amount of sleep before a test. Being tired and losing the ability to think properly will definately hurt more than help.
  • Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck! Pass it this time around!
  • Options
    952!.... lol, someone's gonna ask, so i'll get it out of the way now.... exam cram 2, the readiness review that came with the book, the tech notes here, and me and a few of the other people in the class shared our notes since we all did better on different areas of the test the first time we took it.... one of the people we did this with got the same score I did a week ago.... you know what really helped though? finding study guides with answers provided.... instead of having to carry a book or a bunch of paper around with me all the time, I got on the computer and skimmed through the questions and answers and took out key words and phrases and typed them into a text file along with the answers and studied that.... it made the actual test go by alot faster....
  • Options
    lol, how's my cert. list look now?
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats! That is a good score!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's an excellent score. Great job!
  • Options
    lol, thanks.... studying sober really helps.... 70-290 next on friday....
  • Options
    princess4peaceprincess4peace Member Posts: 286
    At last you got it!!!! Congrat :)
    Knowledge is life
  • Options
    studying sober really helps

I would imagine so. icon_wink.gif

Great job and congrats.
  • Options
    cliffjag1987cliffjag1987 Member Posts: 206
    Congratz & nice score.

Can you give us a review about what you got on the exam
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    confuzz wrote:
    you know what really helped though? finding study guides with answers provided......

What kind of guides.........
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    I don't know the name of the study guides my study partners had, but it was a bunch of questions that also had the correct answers for those questions so we knew if we were getting them right or not, it'd be a good bet they were from brain ****, someone in the class said the guy doing check-ins at his testing center one day told him to use that to study from....

as far as the typs of questions I had on the exam, it was weird, I took it 3 times and the third time was pretty much every question I've seen on the first and second time I took it.... not alot of RIS or permission questions.... a few on security templates, I wanna say there were alot on IIS stuff, but it might just be me remembering the questions from the 2nd time I took it.... ummmm, had the same two or three questionsabout printers on all three.... alot about laptops being used on the network and dialing in at home....

lol, and for those using the microsoft press books and everything, I heard from one of the people in my class that heard from one of the people at the testing center that those books aren't worth studying from, no wonder I got a 437 on the 72-290 exam....
  • Options
    TranscenderMichaelTranscenderMichael Member Posts: 187
    Shouldn't use braindumps - it's essentially the same as cheating on an exam. No different than stealing a college professor's final exam (except the braindumpers often don't get the answers right).

I disagree with the individual that said the MSPress books aren't worth studying from. Granted, it's not going to spoonfeed the information to you like braindumps will (but you're not going to really *learn* the concepts by using braindumps, either). The MSPress books are dry and boring sometimes, but they contain the information you need to know. If you do the labs in the MSPress books and study the concepts completely, you'll be able to pass the exam.

Best of luck on your next attempt... and start studying the *right* way, or you'll not build your base foundation of knowledge as you should, and you'll have difficulties passing the more advanced exams - trust me, I've seen that happen far too often.
    TranscenderMichael (at hotmail.com)
    MCSE+I, MCDST, MCDBA, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CNE, CCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, A+
    Kaplan IT
    Powering Transcender and Self Test Software
    Served proudly, USArmy, 98C, '89-'92
  • Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
    Best of luck on your exam. As for the MS Press books, I feel that the information in them is great. As Transcender Michael stated the book can be boring but it covers the exam objectives well.
  • Options
    lol, if braindumps are copies of the test questions, that must not be what we were using, alot of people in the study groupjust took 70-290 and didn't even get a 300.... lol, I feel pretty good getting a 437 without studying before taking it and only going through about half the book.... I don't have aproblem with the books, I got a 587 on 70-270 the first time I took it and it was going over half the book in class and then skimming through the second half in two boring days at work.... There were quite a few questions on the 70-270 exam that asked stuff that wasn't in the book, but we're done with the first server book and that covered everything that wasn't in the XP book.... I'm waiting for the day when we get alab that doesn't give us step-by-step instructions and see over half the class not even halfway done with it when I finish....