I must be missing something(probably a lot)

williamwbishopwilliamwbishop Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
Okay, I have set up two networks, one using eigrp, the other using ospf. I have the two connected together, and I can ping from one end of the ospf side to the anything on the eigrp network. I used ospf redistribute eigrp 10 to inject my eigrp routing table into the ospf network. I set up the other side to do the same, but it doesn't work. The stations on the eigrp network can hit the router on their side of the connection, but nothing on the other side. sh ip route on the ospf side gives me external ospf routes, but on the eigrp side, I only get the direct connected and eigrp routes.

So, what am I doing wrong here?

I have pc1 going through two catalysts(vlan), to it's gateway router. The other two routers chain off of this one. I have full connectivity inside this network. connecting this network is a serial connection to network number 2. And it is chained 3 deep as well.

Comments

• TranscenderMichaelTranscenderMichael Member Posts: 187
    What command did you use to redistribute OSPF into EIGRP? redistribute ospf ospf-process-id?

What have you set for the default-metric parameter? If no value is specified, and you don't specify a metric in the redistribute command, the default metric is 0 and routes might not be redistributed.

When redistributing into EIGRP, you can use the default-metric bandwidth delay reliability loading mtu command.
    TranscenderMichael (at hotmail.com)
    MCSE+I, MCDST, MCDBA, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CNE, CCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, A+
    Kaplan IT
    Powering Transcender and Self Test Software
    Served proudly, USArmy, 98C, '89-'92
  • williamwbishopwilliamwbishop Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What command did you use to redistribute OSPF into EIGRP? redistribute ospf ospf-process-id?

What have you set for the default-metric parameter? If no value is specified, and you don't specify a metric in the redistribute command, the default metric is 0 and routes might not be redistributed.

When redistributing into EIGRP, you can use the default-metric bandwidth delay reliability loading mtu command.

Can you break that into an example for me?
    Okay did a bit of quick research, and set up metric values for the redistribution, but I'm still not seeing it put out the routes.
  • TranscenderMichaelTranscenderMichael Member Posts: 187
    Okay did a bit of quick research, and set up metric values for the redistribution, but I'm still not seeing it put out the routes.

What do you get for show ip route on your boundary router?

Do you happen to have the BSCI book by Paquet and Teare? If so, check pages 607-611.
    TranscenderMichael (at hotmail.com)
    MCSE+I, MCDST, MCDBA, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CNE, CCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, A+
    Kaplan IT
    Powering Transcender and Self Test Software
    Served proudly, USArmy, 98C, '89-'92
  • tunerXtunerX Member Posts: 447 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How are your networks in each process? Are they classful or classless? When redistributing between routing processes, and you have subnets from the same classful address in both processes, you need to add the subnets keyword to your redistribution statement.
    tunerX wrote:
    How are your networks in each process? Are they classful or classless? When redistributing between routing processes, and you have subnets from the same classful address in both processes, you need to add the subnets keyword to your redistribution statement.

Sorry it took a while, had to go home and sleep, working nights.

They were classless on one side, and classful on the other. She's fixed now. Thanks guys.