Options

Best A+ Books/Programs for studying?

TsquadTsquad Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have decided to start getting certs, with the A+ being my first goal. Other than taking a class, what would be some of your preferred methods of study when you were preparing?

Comments

• Options
    ramirerramirer Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mike Meyers All in One and CBTNuggets, that's all I used.
  • Options
    gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    It's been years since I studied for the A+ but the Mike Myers book comes highly recommended and I've read his Net+ book which was good. CBTnuggets are generally good but again I've never watched any of the A+ videos. I have watched a few of the professor messer A+ videos as a refresher as well as all of his Net+ and they are good and free. Professor Messer, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Nework+, Certification Training
  • Options
    TsquadTsquad Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So these sites are both video teaching resources correct? Do you just look up a certain video for what you want to learn, or do they have an A+ series that you follow?

Also, any opinions on the "for Dummies" series of books for A+, is it any good? or something to stay away from. I only ask because I was given a free .pdf version of it.
  • Options
    bc901bc901 Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Tsquad wrote: »
    So these sites are both video teaching resources correct? Do you just look up a certain video for what you want to learn, or do they have an A+ series that you follow?

Also, any opinions on the "for Dummies" series of books for A+, is it any good? or something to stay away from. I only ask because I was given a free .pdf version of it.

I'm pretty sure Professor Messer has a set of videos for each test (220-701, 220-702. etc) that cover everything.

If the book was free you might as well read it. I've noticed that every book I've read for a cert has different tidbits of info that others didn't.
  • Options
    sthompson86sthompson86 Member Posts: 370
    Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security
  • Options
    gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    I read Scott Mueller's Upgrading and Repairing PCs 10 years ago. To the best of my recollection it was a good book- very in depth but not hard to read. I think he has released more than 10 editions since then.
  • Options
    gosh1976 wrote: »
    I read Scott Mueller's Upgrading and Repairing PCs 10 years ago. To the best of my recollection it was a good book- very in depth but not hard to read. I think he has released more than 10 editions since then.

I did not read Upgrading and repairing Pcs for the A+. UARPCS is wayyyy to muchh detail for A+
  • Options
    NetAdmin84NetAdmin84 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CBT Nuggets are always a good help. I personally used the Sybex A+ Complete Study Review Guide, and found it to be spot on.
    Currently reading:

Cisco Press: CCNA Offical Exam Certification Library - Wendell Odom
    Sybex: CCNA Study Guide - Todd Lammle
    ExamCram: CCNA - Michael Valentine

Currently pursuing:

CCNA - CWNA - MCTS
  • Options
    NOLAJNOLAJ Member Posts: 490
    CBT Nuggets was my A+ training.
    WGU - MBA: I.T. Management --> Graduated!!

WGU -
    B.S. Information Technology—Network Administration --> Graduated!!

:thumbup:
  • Options
    NOLAJ wrote: »
    CBT Nuggets was my A+ training.

That is all you used?