Packet Tracer

Bolton07Bolton07 Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
What sort of things should I practice on packet tracer for CCENT?

Like which show commands should I know?

Also what configs should I practice too (Router, Switches and anything else)?

Comments

• sthompson86sthompson86 Member Posts: 370
    Bolton07 wrote: »

You probably should get a CCNA study guide whether it be Todd Lammle's or Cisco Press, for these books will walk you through labs.

Alsoo please check out Free CCNA Workbook this guy has free labs, and he uses GNS3, but you can just do the same thing he is doing with GNS3 in PacketTracer.

I was kind of in the same boat as you looking for labs etc, but then I learned that it was easier just to stick with some sort of guide than just to randomly search on line which is what I was doing.
    Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    For CCENT I practiced Routing and basic layer 2 switching with VLANS and ROAS, and probably a few other little things. For CCNA I worked alot on the harder routing protocols and more complicated STP and VLAN deployments. WAN technologies busted my rear, so those too.

Best bet is to go read the exam covered topics, and follow those. You can find them here: https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-4987 but you need to log in. They are also on these forums somewhere, probably. I'd paste them in but I like to encourage people to get cisco accounts =)
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • MosGuyMosGuy Member Posts: 195
    Bolton07 wrote: »

Here are links to a couple of pretty good pre-made lab guides:

CCNA Labs : Configure the Network

SUBnet.192 Cisco CCNA Lab Guides

I found those a decent starting point. Once you've been studying a while and realize your weaker areas. It becomes easier to put together progressively more complex labs on your own. There are a bunch of good labs for packet tracer as well. Which should be available to Netacad students.
    ---
    XPS 15: i7-6700HQ, 256 pcie ssd, 32 GB RAM, 2 GB Nvidia GTX 960m, windows 10 Pro

Cert in progress: CCNA (2016 revision)