Options

Need to interview a Pro. Any volunteers?

mickeycoronadomickeycoronado Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, hope all is well with you.

I started on my Networking classes and in two weeks I need to interview a Networking Professional. I work nights and sleep during the day so finding somebody around town is going to be difficult. That and I live in a podock town that has zero tech companies. I was wondering if anybody would like to volunteer to help me out? I realize I am new around here as I have just started school, but I would really appreciate it. It is just 12 questions.

We don't have to talk on the phone or anything. An email or pm would probably be alright. Ok, thanks for your time guys.

-Mike
"Are you suggesting that coconuts are migratory?!"

Comments

• Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hey guys, hope all is well with you.

I started on my Networking classes and in two weeks I need to interview a Networking Professional. I work nights and sleep during the day so finding somebody around town is going to be difficult. That and I live in a podock town that has zero tech companies. I was wondering if anybody would like to volunteer to help me out? I realize I am new around here as I have just started school, but I would really appreciate it. It is just 12 questions.

We don't have to talk on the phone or anything. An email or pm would probably be alright. Ok, thanks for your time guys.

-Mike

You have just started school and you are interviewing Network Professionals?
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yeah it sounds like a school assignment or possibly just to get a better understanding of the field. That's the way it seems to me at least.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Kaplan?? A friend of mine just finished up an AS from Kaplan and he had to do the same thing.
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'd love to interview a number of people on these forums just to try and better myself. To bad the really awsome ones (*COUGH*TURGON*COUGH*) are always REALLY FREAKING BUSY!

Sersouly though, I'm sure you can find someone on here who can skype it up with you. I'm probably a bad choice, since I'm a new to the field network administrator.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    I'm Interested PM me
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    Can it be in written form? You can email me at psullivan@istonetree.com and I will be happy to answer them.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    An email or pm would probably be alright.
    I see you're already setup to receive eMail from members, but if you want PM access here's the blurb from the WGU refer-a-friend thread:
    Edit by Webmaster:
    For new members to be able to send or receive PMs, please follow the instructions in the welcome email you received when you registered at TechExams.net. Alternatively, you can enable the option "Receive Email from Other Members" in your user profile allowing active members to contact you

Hopefully the questions don't include credit card number and mother's maiden name icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    estamandestamand Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If the questions aren't too personal, how about posting them here in the forum? I'm sure you'd get a variety of answers :)
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    estamand wrote: »
    If the questions aren't too personal, how about posting them here in the forum? I'm sure you'd get a variety of answers :)
    oooh i like this idea. lets all learn!icon_cheers.gif
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    mickeycoronadomickeycoronado Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    I see you're already setup to receive eMail from members, but if you want PM access here's the blurb from the WGU refer-a-friend thread:

Hopefully the questions don't include credit card number and mother's maiden name icon_lol.gif

Ha, yeah I guess I should have specified that. No, there are no questions like that. The only personal question they ask is for your contact info and I'm assuming that is only if they suspect academic dishonesty (for instance I could just make the whole thing up).

I am pleasantly surprised by all the replies! A sign of a good community indeed. I like the idea of posting the questions here as well but I think I may need a more concentrated interview. I can post them here when I am done if anybody is still interested. I may contact a few of you who volunteered and see if we can work something out.

It is not due for two weeks and I want to make sure I can use this method in case he wants me to go out in person for the interview, (which would make for a much less interesting interview with the assistant manager of the local KFC about how they safeguard their secret blend of 11 herbs and spices from hacker attacks).

It is indeed for a class project. I started school at the local community college here about two months ago but this is my first actual networking class. It is called Network cabling and the material is Cisco based with lots of hands on labs and stuff. Some of you may have read my thread months back when I came here asking for help deciding whether or not to enroll: http://www.techexams.net/forums/off-topic/56144-what-am-i-getting-into.html

I appreciate everybody's replies! I know I have a gold mine of info and experience here at Techexams to help me through these next two or more years of school.

Feel free to PM me or email me whenever if you have anything that would help me in the right direction. And I'm sure you'll see me around in various threads:D

P.S.- I enabled messaging in my profile but I can't figure out how to pm people (and yes I'm trying to go into the technology field), give me a bit to snoop around the faqs to figure it out.
    "Are you suggesting that coconuts are migratory?!"
  • Options
    Stiltz79Stiltz79 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm willing to be lab rat too... If you need someone else, shoot me a PM.