Cisco 3640 Flash issue.

anfearranfearr Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi.

Has anyone ever had the issue with flash not accepting an image. I have 3640 with 32/128 and a 20MB CF. On it I have an 8MB IOS. When I try copy the IOS with copy slot1:<IOSNAME> flash:<iosname> it completes to 8MB approx and errors out with Not enough space on device error message. I have tried multiple combinations of erasing the flash first and what not.

I have reseated the flash and there seems to no issue. A dir flash shows it up correctly at 32MB. The issue is the same no matter which method I attempt to utilize. I am considering replacing the ram for new RAM, any ideas before I do so.

Thanks.
Passed: MCTS: Vista, MCITP:EST, SAP Earlywatch (ABAP Performance Analysis in Netweaver 2005), CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Voice
Next: MCITP:SA (70-640)
Studying: BSC (Honours) in IS/IT Managment.

Comments

• tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    I would normally suggest to do squeeze flash: but you said that you've erased it several times.

Can you do a "show flash all"? I can't remember what the command is to check for partitions on a 3640.
  • anfearranfearr Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Tiersten.

I actually did a show file systems and relised there was no free flash so performed a squeeze on the flash and then an erase for good measure. It then reported the flash had 32MB clear, unfortunetly I still recieve an out of space error and on startup the ROMMON, 11.2 the latest reports that it cannot open the flash or read the first file and reports a magic key error so I am now assuming I have some shot flash and probally order some new flash. Also ensure there are no partitions using no partition flash command.

What do you think people, New flash ?
    Passed: MCTS: Vista, MCITP:EST, SAP Earlywatch (ABAP Performance Analysis in Netweaver 2005), CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Voice
    Next: MCITP:SA (70-640)
    Studying: BSC (Honours) in IS/IT Managment.