ICND2 I'll get it next time

bcall64bcall64 Member Posts: 156
So I failed with a 798.. ouch! I knew halfway through the test where I was weak. I will probably schedule it about 30 days from now. I want to be sure I know this stuff like the back of my hand.

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I know what you mean. I ended up with a 768 with 3 minutes left. It's a tough test but you'll get it next time.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Consider it a very realistic practice test. Work on your weak areas. Review your strong areas.

And Lab Lab Lab until your head feels like it's going to explode. icon_lol.gif

Good Luck to both of your on your return grudge match icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Best of luck on your retest. Just consider it an expensive practice test.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    I'm sorry to hear that. I failed my first time with a 786....

My advice considering how close you were is to book in no more than 2 weeks. You know where you were weak and you took the best practice test they have to prepare for a pass next time.

:)
  • johnwest43johnwest43 Member Posts: 294
    keep at it! what areas do you need improvement in? We are here help!
    CCNP: ROUTE B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B , SWITCH B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B, TSHOOT [X ] Completed on 2/18/2014
  • bcall64bcall64 Member Posts: 156
    Well I think the two most difficult parts were where I had to use VLSM to assign ip ranges to different subnets and auto summarization. Those were the two I thought I had down pretty well and didn't end up going so smoothly.
  • wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    Don't let it get you down mate. I failed with 811 on my first attempt and nailed it second time around.

One thing I've learned from this forum is that a lot of people fail the first attempt. Don't leave it too long for the rematch though, get it while it's still fresh in your mind.
  • bcall64bcall64 Member Posts: 156
    wbosher wrote: »
    Don't let it get you down mate. I failed with 811 on my first attempt and nailed it second time around.

One thing I've learned from this forum is that a lot of people fail the first attempt. Don't leave it too long for the rematch though, get it while it's still fresh in your mind.

Yeah my wife and discussed the cost of taking another test and we agreed it's a good investment and put it on the budget to take it whenever I want. Now it's just a matter of when I want to take it on. I'm going back and reviewing and seeing a few small mistakes I made which is great news. I am finding auto summarization is my weakest link.