Options

Introduction

netpcdocnetpcdoc Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,
My name is Steve, and I have been in the IT field since 1998. I worked for an American Express subsidiary as user support, after about 5 years I moved up to Windows Server administration and about a year later NetWare administration. In 2008 I then transferred over to IBM AIX & WebSphere administration. In november 2009 I was told that we were moving all of our server over sea's and outsourcing our technology, so I went job hunting, and luckily landed a job with our local school district in Dec 2009. Well here I am a year later, and I just remembered that CompTia was changing their certifications from the lifetime certs, so I happened across this site when I was looking for some info to take the A+. That's right all of these years in the field, and I had no certs (college degree helped though). So I read through some posts last nite, and I liked how helpful everyone was to each other, so I joined today.

Ohh yeah, BTW, I did take both exams today for the A+ back to back, with very little prep. I scored over 800 on each (I don't remember in the agreement with CompTIA, if you are allowed to disseminate actual scores)? Well anyway, I am now among one of the certified, and I plan on getting quite a few more.

Comments